Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Ashworth, Official Site :

“Sometimes the answers are from within and not just going out and buying new players.”

Let's start by giving a serious chance to Băluţă and Alzate, maybe others...

Focus recruitment on what we genuinely are short of...

It could be that those two are the answer to any remaining midfield gaps, and the cash goes on a striker and competition for Montoya at right back. However, last season our center midfield seemed week and never controlled games, so its maybe foolish to rely on the same plus youngsters for the coming season.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
It could be that those two are the answer to any remaining midfield gaps, and the cash goes on a striker and competition for Montoya at right back. However, last season our center midfield seemed week and never controlled games, so its maybe foolish to rely on the same plus youngsters for the coming season.

This.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So, just over 3 weeks to go and none of the three obvious squad gaps filled, I.e. ST, ACM and RB. Instead incessant speculation about losing 2 of our best players... ****ing marvellous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
So, just over 3 weeks to go and none of the three obvious squad gaps filled, I.e. ST, ACM and RB. Instead incessant speculation about losing 2 of our best players... ****ing marvellous!

It's like you've never experienced a transfer window before. We just need to be patient and trust that the club have learned from the Vincent Jansen debacle.

We now have Dan Ashworth overseeing things, so fingers crossed.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Baluta, Molumby, Alzate and Sanders coming through to challenge in midfield is encouraging.
If Potter wants wing backs more than dedicated fullbacks we are possibly quite well equipped already. Bruno would've fitted that style perfectly!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I see no evidence that the club are looking for an ACM - much more likely that Alireza is being *evolved* to play there, or Steven Alzate will get that chance.

They seem to be looking to recruit more of a CM instead.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I see no evidence that the club are looking for an ACM - much more likely that Alireza is being *evolved* to play there, or Steven Alzate will get that chance.

They seem to be looking to recruit more of a CM instead.

Ali seems to be being groomed to play in Pascal's role to me........if the formation has such a role................whether that's ACM or not I don't know............

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Ali seems to be being groomed to play in Pascal's role to me........if the formation has such a role................whether that's ACM or not I don't know............

One of the few times Ali J impressed me last season was at West Brom, when he played that role, so maybe.

I cant see Knocky leaving tbh, so far Fulham have just enqired about him, thats it, and we all know he loves to come infield, Trossard can also play that role so it could be a very fluid 3 behind the striker, much more of a problem for opposition players to pick up than just Pascal Gross, who is also still here btw.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
That's what I would like to see, a fluid 3 or even 4 including the main striker as well! I think we saw a glimpse of that on Saturday where I saw Murray on the wing a few times with Locadia in the middle during one of our attacks. Obviously not the most agile for a striker but if we DO get a new striker in who is quick and can play across the front line then we could end up creating quite a few chances.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
We have spent ,unheard of sums (from back in the championship) on bringing young players to the club,these are not home grown,and I guess now is the time to test them. These players ,are like new signings,for the first team.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Has to be the most boring window for us in a long time. Nothing really to get excited about.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I must say with just over 3 weeks of the window to go that I'm shocked how quiet everything has been so far. I think a lot of this has to do with the top clubs here not being able to hoover up the top deals like they have previously.
Of the top 25 transfers so far only 7 involve PL teams as the buying club and one of those is Raul Jimenez.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here