Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] In the Royal Sussex County hospital

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Good luck mate. The NHS is full of incredible people who work thier socks off day after day; you're in good hands.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's all already been said. Hoping you will be cheered by football results this evening and on Saturday.

All the best.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Very best of luck and a frightening experience for you. Hospitals and medical people generally scare me especially if they are armed with sharp instruments. Hope all will be well and it is a chest infection - as others have said we are all here for you so keep in touch and a big hug from all of us.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
When I had my episode a few years ago now, it was amazing to read the messages I got from NSC. It helped immensely.

Hang in there...you are in the best place and above all, listen to what they tell you and don't eat the food..lol

Rest and recuperation!

All the best
Dave

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good luck fella,hope it all turns out well for you.

You're in the best possible place

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Hi [MENTION=14168]Durlston[/MENTION]

Hope things are looking better in the light of the day.

Get well soon x

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The staff at The County are incredible people and I have nothing but praise for all the help they have been to me and my family over the years. Put your trust in them. They know what they are doing. Sometimes it might seem slow for things to get resolved. There will be others in your position or worse. They will get their and your priorities right.
Hope you get sorted and are back on form.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Try to keep a positive perspective whatever the news may bring. Stay in the moment, easy to say, but don't worry or panic about things that haven't happened yet. Fingers crossed for you.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Hope you are feeling a bit better this morning.
It must have been terrifying.
Yet again NSC showing us its best side.
Hoping for you that this isn't as serious as it at first seems but please know that if it is something more sinister, it doesn't mean that its not treatable, or that quality of life has to suffer in the long run.

Stay positive and good luck

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hope you're feeling a bit better this morning - in my experience, the staff at the RSCH are fantastic, and I have no doubt that you're in good hands and they'll do whatever they can to get you sorted. :)

As others have offered, if you want someone to chat with please feel free to drop me a PM, but most importantly remember that you're never alone so long as you have access to NSC.

For all the negativity that can happen on here, NSC is always brilliant in these situations.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I went to the doctors a few years ago after feeling really rough for a couple of days. Within the hour, I was in RSCH high dependancy, linked up to various bleeping machines. Turns out I had a bad case of Pneumonia but a really frightening experience for someone who had managed to get past 50 without ever having to go beyond A&E for a few stitches.

It was only when I was there that you really get to appreciate how good the people in the NHS are. These people aren't only incredibly bright and skilled, but the whole team from the top consultants through to the cleaners are so dedicated. You're in the best place and those guys will make sure you get the best treatment possible.

Stay strong.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Mate, hope you're feeling a lot better this morning.

Keep your head up and know that you've got everyone's best wishes on here.

We're all thinking of you. Give us an update when you feel up to it.

:bhasign:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Good morning [MENTION=14168]Durlston[/MENTION].

Hope you are feeling more comfortable and that the worst of what sounds a very nasty experience is behind you.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Two years ago was just being released from the PRH in HH after a bout of pneumonia and nine years ago was in the middle of a long stay in the RSCH for mega bowel surgery. Things I learnt about being in hospital from these two events. It’s difficult to sleep, ear plugs, headphones and eye masks are your friends but wards are noisy all night. Things always seem worse in the depths of the night but better in the morning. All the staff, from the person who makes you a cup of tea to the consultant, they are all marvellous and, in my opinion the single greatest thing about this country of ours. If the medics want you in hospital, it’s for a reason. Beds are a precious resource so let them look after you.

All the best to you and hope you are well enough to watch the game tonight.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bit late to the party but I’m not an early riser! Hope things are a bit clearer and more positive this morning. It can be quite frightening on your own but our NHS is fantastic with fantastic people looking after you. Good luck mate!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Hoping for good news for you today Durlston. Last night must have been a truly frightening experience for you. When you feel up to it please let us all know how you are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here