Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] MPs defecting to The Independent Group in parliament

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Corbynistas used to beligerently post on NSC that anti semitism amongst Labour supporters was a lie. Even the leadership now admit it.

Incredible to think that the Labour Party contains racists, and the leadership resisted it’s uncovering.

The racist extremes, both left and right, of UK politics shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near power.

But glad it’s all out in the open. Right wing thugs attacking Jewish cemetries and Labour members abusing Jews/Jewry are one and the same, regardless of any false sense of moral superiority.

Indeed, shameful for our great country

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Is that your prediction or your hope? You may be predicting right, but I hope you're wrong.

Anyway, if it is your hope then that's sad.

I just read your other post that doesn't 'recognise' the racism (especially towards Jews) in labour. Well, plenty of people do recognise it and countless incidents are record. As is Corbyn's total lack of interest. He opposes 'all racism', don'cha know. Just because your group of labour chums (nice people I am sure) never say anything against Israel or Jews doesn't make your impression meaningful. I have had conversations with labqour people close to me who, given enough time and provocation, end up fulminating about the Jews, how they stole Palestine, how Israel is an illegal occupation, how Jews stick together and run global finance.....you are a good paster and a kindly soul, but you need to wake up and smell the rotten stench of old labour. Support for Corbyn as his shitness becomes smellier will just drive people into the arms of mother Theresa. You don't want that, surely? I don't.

:thumbsup:
Our politicians are letting its people down in so many ways, it’s totally unacceptable. A handful of renegades only touches the surface.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Guido Fawkes having some fun tonight ....

Earlier today, trying to wriggle out of holding people’s votes of their own constituents, Tory TIGger Heidi Allen said “We haven’t changed. What we stood on, our values, our own leaflets, our own campaigning when we stood in 2017, none of that has changed.”

https://order-order.com/2019/02/20/heidi-allens-shameless-havent-changed-fib-avoid-elections/

Chucky is another to be found out, just a bunch of 2 bob hypocrites , in this age of social media you can be found out in seconds

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
So 48-hrs after being re-admitted into the Labour Party, Derek Hatton has been suspended again after comments he made about Israel on Twitter :facepalm:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Brexit might be. Their common cause to prevent it at all costs isn't.

They may be all Remainers - are They? I haven't checked, but probably - but my point is that this is not the only thing that unites them, in fact not the main thing. Both lots of resigners are reacting against the fact that their parties have become more extreme and have moved to the left or to the right, when they have more or less stayed put in political terms.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Chucky is another to be found out, just a bunch of 2 bob hypocrites , in this age of social media you can be found out in seconds

Odd that Farage didn't get any of this when he left UKIP but didn't give up his place as an MEP. It's exactly the same situation though. In fact, if anything it's worse because you can't have a by-election as an MEP but instead it gets handed to the next person in line from the same party so he's done even more of a disservice to voters who wanted a UKIP MEP. Looking forward to the spotlight on (yet another) example of his massive hypocrisy being shone by those who attack these MPs.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Indeed ....

The question of a second referendum was raised by Mr Farage in an interview with the Mirror in which he said: "In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way."

Responding to a question in Parliament Rees-Mogg said "...we could have two referendums. As it happens, it might make more sense to have the second referendum after the renegotiation is completed.

If Farage and Rees-Mogg can change their minds I assume it's not a problem if other people do it too?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
They may be all Remainers - are They? I haven't checked, but probably - but my point is that this is not the only thing that unites them, in fact not the main thing. Both lots of resigners are reacting against the fact that their parties have become more extreme and have moved to the left or to the right, when they have more or less stayed put in political terms.

Rubbish. They are all remainers and EVERYONE knows it, yet you haven't checked! Yeah ok we believe you. There is nothing extreme about the ERG. They represent the referendum winners.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Our parliamentary democracy is clear, she is appointed to make her judgement on behalf of her constituents. Check it out. The referendum was consultative, and since then the Brexit government has failed to bring consensus or anything close. She has every constitutional right to make this call.

Of course she has.......+ its not in the interests of her constituents for Soubry to stand in a by-election is it, thats a perfectly valid reason that stands up to scrutiny........:lolol:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Of course she has.......+ its not in the interests of her constituents for Soubry to stand in a by-election is it, thats a perfectly valid reason that stands up to scrutiny........:lolol:

I am sure she’ll be held to account by her constituents at the next GE, to her favour or not, unless she choices to force the issue. Her call. No bullying needed by the media etc, let’s follow the right process

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I am sure she’ll be held to account by her constituents at the next GE, to her favour or not, unless she choices to force the issue. Her call. No bullying needed by the media etc, let’s follow the right process

Exactly, and leave on the 29th March...:hilton:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

It would be the honourable thing for Soubry to do and stand in a by-election now, especially as she has washed her hands of the manifesto she stood on to be elected. Soubry isnt honourable though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here