Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wembley

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Damn bloody right

This. With our infrastructure, we'll be back in the Prem at some point. Meanwhile, I would like us to actually win something.

Completely echo these sentiments. I was only 3 in ‘83 so my dad didn’t want me cramping his style on the big day.

The chance to see us on the biggest stage in a game that matters with a chance of doing something those sticky Herberts up the road have never done would be DELICIOUS.

That and European football as well. Yes please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I'd take a relegation if it meant winning the Cup.

100% fact. Anyone who disagrees can't be genuine BHA.

Football is memories. I would rather look back in 10-20 years at a cup win than the season we finished 15th in the league.

In fact there is a high chance I would drink/indulge myself to death if we were to win the FA Cup.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We are 90/120 minutes away from Wembley and even a good chance of playing Palace there in an FA Cup Semi-Final.

Obviously we could easily slip up against Millwall, but is anyone else giddy with excitement at the prospect of it? :albion2:

Even if in Blighty, no. Wembley should be for the final only. Would I go if there? Yes.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I feel a poll is needed. Care to oblige [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yes, very light headed at the prospect.

The further prospect of maybe a Brighton vs Palace CUP FINAL actually sends me into spasms.

You know how much that play off debacle hurt? If anything like me it hurt you quite a bit, but as time passes you forget, even more so now we are level with them in footballing terms and above them in future prospects. But to lose to them in a final? That pain could never go away. Absolutely not interested in a final with that lot.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You know how much that play off debacle hurt? If anything like me it hurt you quite a bit, but as time passes you forget, even more so now we are level with them in footballing terms and above them in future prospects. But to lose to them in a final? That pain could never go away. Absolutely not interested in a final with that lot.

I concur. However great it would be to beat them in a final, losing to them would just be too much to bear. We would never, ever live it down. And I have Palace in the family - sister married a Palace fan :nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As an aside, isn't it curious how emotions change during a Cup draw ?

When we weren't in the Premier League, I'd be DESPERATELY hoping for a Man Utd, Man City or Chelsea to come out of the hat. These days, I find myself fervently rooting for a Millwall or a Swansea to come out.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Maybe not quite that high but your point is correct - all STHs would be OK.

Last year it was 32k each, I’m banking on a Brighton/Wolves/Palace/City combo on the semis having less prawn sandwich draw and hoping we might get more...

Also worth noting the prices ranged from £30-60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Be happy to get to the semi for starters, been a long time since the Notts County play off final !

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
For me, would I be happy for

Relegation and win the FA Cup - maybe

Relegation and losing the FA Cup in the final (1983) definitely not

Relegation and getting to the Semi final - no way!

Having been to the 1983 final and replay and been relegated the same season, the thought of that happening again is to much to bear!

If we get points in the next few league games I say go for it but not at the expense of staying in the premier league!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Or looked at another way .... what would it take to erase the pain of that day, what victory over them could surpass that one gained over us?

Oh yes, to being dancing around Wembley, while the players are taking their lap of honour, lifting the FA Cup aloft, while the other half of the stadium are mooching off back to Croydon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here