Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I find that odd as I think Locadia's best attribute is his ability, when cornered, to offload the ball not only accurately but positively as well and not just pass it backwards.

Totally agree.

I think he was good again today and comfortably deserves his place in the team. One of our better performers in recent weeks and definitely not a player who should be getting any criticism today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don’t see that at all.
I see a player with no picture, who is indecisive as soon as he reaches the area.
The shot that went for a throw was perhaps a demonstration why....
Perhaps a confidence thing I don’t know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fortunately we can have another go at this in 6 days time.

Although we do seem to be talking about different aspects of his game.
I'm most definitely talking about his general play where he seems to be excellent at not only finding an accurate pass, but the pass in question is nearly always a positive one that maintains/starts the attack

You seem to be critical of his decision making when he has a shoot or pass option.

To that end I do see where you're coming from but I don't think he's helped by Murrayoffside's need for everything to be played in at the exact second where he isn't offside but not so on side he's unable to score.

I would be surprised if Big Jurg became a prodigious goal scorer', but I think he'll get better options to score in a less predictable front line.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fortunately we can have another go at this in 6 days time.

Although we do seem to be talking about different aspects of his game.
I'm most definitely talking about his general play where he seems to be excellent at not only finding an accurate pass, but the pass in question is nearly always a positive one that maintains/starts the attack

You seem to be critical of his decision making when he has a shoot or pass option.

To that end I do see where you're coming from but I don't think he's helped by Murrayoffside's need for everything to be played in at the exact second where he isn't offside but not so on side he's unable to score.

I would be surprised if Big Jurg became a prodigious goal scorer', but I think he'll get better options to score in a less predictable front line.

Sure, and don’t get me wrong, I absolutely respect yours and others opinions on this.

He doesn’t give the ball away cheaply, though often takes more than a second to get it settled in terms of absolute control, and by that time the impetus has gone. Maybe just a little clumsy....

I think [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] made a good point re Andone, who suits his game more than Murray.

The other criticism I would suggest at both him and Solly, is that when the ball is on the opposite side of the pitch they need to be closer to Murray/Andone. In fact Locadia did it twice and nearly scored.....

All opinions and I too look forward to next week...... [emoji2]

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

This is pretty much exactly the conversation I had yesterday with the chap that sits next to me at the Amex! We agreed his decision making in shot or pass situations isn't great as he seems to go for a rubbish shot when he should be passing. However he is good at finding forward passes and executing them, especially long ones across the pitch. An example of the latter is in the first half he did one across the pitch to Solly.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
How offensive, member of my family is blind. How about having a go at the deaf next, or disabled. Or since it’s xmas, why not take the piss out of kids in hospital. Quality post Fifth. Merry Xmas

Head-Lionel-Richie-Hello.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Any news on his injury?

This left me wondering why the grass is not continued right up to the wall thus not leaving an uneven edge for players to get such injuries, or is this not possible?

Jimmy Grimble

Any news on his injury?

This left me wondering why the grass is not continued right up to the wall thus not leaving an uneven edge for players to get such injuries, or is this not possible?

You do realise that’s not how he got injured don’t you?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know he got 'hacked; a couple of times but it looked from WSL that he just turned his ankle on the uneven surface and that nobody else was involved in that incident. Can anybody who was very near to him confirm how it actually happened.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I know he got 'hacked; a couple of times but it looked from WSL that he just turned his ankle on the uneven surface and that nobody else was involved in that incident. Can anybody who was very near to him confirm how it actually happened.
Don't know that i was 'very near' but we had a good view from the North and you are right, there was no other player involved, he just turned his ankle or something.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Amusing moment when he trotted MILES across the pitch to the SW Corner to haul a Derby player to his feet :lol:

Despite his wearing of gloves yesterday, slowly WARMING to the player :lol:

Jimmy Grimble

He was no where near the advertising hoardings. He was on the pitch! I know he turned his ankle but you were suggesting it was due to standing on the surface near the advertising hoardings.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
He was very close to the touch line, still on the grass pitch, just seemed to twist it badly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
ok he was still on the pitch when it happened but my point stands that in order to prevent the possibility of it happening could the grass be extended to the wall?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
#NeverWrong.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here