[Misc] Is your tree still up?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
went down on Sunday.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Was still up when I left for work this morning.

Hoping that it will be down, together with cards, holly etc. by the time I'm home!

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
The tree is about 7 feet but very broad. There's no obvious place to put the thing and we make this mistake every year - the tree always looks "not too big" until we get it into the house, and the least bad place to put it is alongside the sofa on which I tend to spend most of my time.

We're also not big TV people, nor BIG TV people. We only have one in the house, and it's a relatively modest by modern standards 40" (I think).

b3030d1e19b3afd8882a578768434d1a.jpg

That picture could be deceptive as I cannot judge perspective. The TV could be enormous but very far away or if could be that you are hiding in the tree whilst taking the picture.

Could you place something in the mid ground to assist with depth of field. Something with known dimensions like, oh I don't know, a picture of Hiney dressed as the Pope?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
One in the lounge came down yesterday, the one in the conservatory will come down tonight.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
That picture could be deceptive as I cannot judge perspective. The TV could be enormous but very far away or if could be that you are hiding in the tree whilst taking the picture.

Could you place something in the mid ground to assist with depth of field. Something with known dimensions like, oh I don't know, a picture of Hiney dressed as the Pope?

Given that baubles are about 2” diameter, I estimate [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]’s TV to be an 8” model.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Need to find out where the nearest tree dump is first

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Given that baubles are about 2” diameter, I estimate [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]’s TV to be an 8” model.

Like I said the perspective issue needs resolving before we can definitively say how big Bozzas telly is. Bozza might have baubles the size of beach balls for all we know.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bozza might have baubles the size of beach balls for all we know.

He wishes.

Back on topic: mine came down yesterday. I like a fresh start once New Year is done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Mrs Crodo's work Xmas do isn't until this Friday so she's insisting it stays up until after that otherwise ours would have been down yesterday. There's no more sickening sight than the ultimate depression of the first day back at work in January and all the decorations are still up.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Artificial Tree and 2 cats.... have gotten very tired of cleaning up cat sick over the christmas period as one of them keeping chewing it! Stupid animal!

Tree went back into the loft yesterday!

Always have a dozen decorations that appear/get noticed after all packed away and the ladder hatch closed! They'll stay in a drawer for a few months!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Took mine down yesterday. I normally leave it a few days, but some of my window lights had fallen down so I just thought "f*** it, I'll take everything down". It's a 6ft artificial tree, which is now safely packed up in its box and tucked in the corner of my storage locker until 1st December :thumbsup: My flat feels a lot bigger now!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I thought this was one of those innuendo threads!:D

When I purchased my Christmas tree the man selling it asked me "are you putting that up yourself!"

After a moment of thought with eyebrows raised I replied "well no I was going to put it up in the front room"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here