Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Initiative Q.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
In and link to be invited by me! -

This is a new currency and payment network built by ex-PayPal guys, called Initiative Q. The Q currency is currently being allocated for free if you are invited by an existing member.
The idea is that if millions of people join, Q could become a leading payment network, and, according to well-known economic models, that means the value of the reward would be around $130,000.
The amount you reserve decreases every day, and each member has a limited number of invites. You can use my invite link here:
https://initiativeq.com/invite/BNR6GvjiQ

(Don’t worry. No funny stuff. You just need to give your name and email and your spot is reserved).

Thanks, Smirko, I've used your link as you were kind enough to share it.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
First 5 have gone and I have been given another 10.

There are 7 available here still for those that want to try their luck.

You can use my invite link here:

https://initiativeq.com/invite/SUdnyosi7

(Don’t worry. No funny stuff. You just need to give your name and email and your spot is reserved).

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
First 5 have gone and I have been given another 10.

Hope that's not saying "You've done well to convince 5 mugs, lets see if you can convince 10 more".
I haven't shared my link yet, while I wait and see how this goes and for a chance to do a bit more research - quite apart from the fact that Smirko hasn't approved me yet!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
download (2).jpg

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
People wonder how Cambridge Analytica etc happened, but a few months later still quite happily give a random company all their data for promise of some currency that has no value or anyone has ever heard of!

https://davidgerard.co.uk/blockchai...-private-currency-marketed-by-pyramid-scheme/

This tells me EVERYTHING I need to know about this particular pyramid scheme!

Initiative Q’s privacy policy is good and respectful — but if they go bust and get sold off for parts to pay the bills, then it will no longer apply.

The signup list collates the following information:

people who think get-rich-quick schemes can work;
people who will get their friends to sign up for a get-rich-quick scheme;
a full network graph of said people.
Any number of disreputable people and companies would throw their hats in the air at getting hold of a database like this. Affinity fraud loves this sort of list of pre-screened suckers.

(This is an example of why a large pile of Personally Identifiable Information is such a dangerous thing.)

Advertising trackers on the Initiative Q site include Facebook and Google Tag Manager — so these ad networks will also have categorised you as someone susceptible to this sort of pitch.

So if you signed up — you’re marked as a prime target for more pitches of this sort in the future.

(And I’d hope they’re storing password hashes, and not the actual plain-text passwords.)

An undertaking of great advantage, but nobody — including us — to know what it is
The Initiative Q payment network concept is hard to critique — because not only does it not exist, they don’t have anything as yet, except the notion of “build a payment network and it’ll be awesome”

Am really struggling to get to grips with how many NSC-ers will fall for this sort of thing!

Hey guys.... I have some cool vapour-ware, come give me your personal details (that I promise not to sell on).

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
This tells me EVERYTHING I need to know about this particular pyramid scheme!

Initiative Q’s privacy policy is good and respectful — but if they go bust and get sold off for parts to pay the bills, then it will no longer apply.

The signup list collates the following information:

people who think get-rich-quick schemes can work;
people who will get their friends to sign up for a get-rich-quick scheme;
a full network graph of said people.
Any number of disreputable people and companies would throw their hats in the air at getting hold of a database like this. Affinity fraud loves this sort of list of pre-screened suckers.

(This is an example of why a large pile of Personally Identifiable Information is such a dangerous thing.)

Advertising trackers on the Initiative Q site include Facebook and Google Tag Manager — so these ad networks will also have categorised you as someone susceptible to this sort of pitch.

So if you signed up — you’re marked as a prime target for more pitches of this sort in the future.

(And I’d hope they’re storing password hashes, and not the actual plain-text passwords.)

An undertaking of great advantage, but nobody — including us — to know what it is
The Initiative Q payment network concept is hard to critique — because not only does it not exist, they don’t have anything as yet, except the notion of “build a payment network and it’ll be awesome”

Am really struggling to get to grips with how many NSC-ers will fall for this sort of thing!

Hey guys.... I have some cool vapour-ware, come give me your personal details (that I promise not to sell on).

So some companies will find out that large numbers of people are interested in the prospect of free stuff. Shocking.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if anyone bothered to read the blurb past the "free stuff" they'd realise it was a fairy tale - the problem for a new payment system isn't public adoption its shop and retailer adoption. Q will create a closed system, no exchange mechanism in and out of real money, you buy something with Q from someone, who has to use those Q for their purchases, bills etc. its basically the internet equivalent of Lewes pound. Except worse, as you cant change back to real £.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
if anyone bothered to read the blurb past the "free stuff" they'd realise it was a fairy tale - the problem for a new payment system isn't public adoption its shop and retailer adoption. Q will create a closed system, no exchange mechanism in and out of real money, you buy something with Q from someone, who has to use those Q for their purchases, bills etc. its basically the internet equivalent of Lewes pound.

I think most people that have signed up realise it's pie in the sky.

chiefkickass

Jan 19, 2012
Not too late to get involved - you'll be kicking yourselves if you don't (maybe)

This is a new currency and payment network built by ex-PayPal guys, called Initiative Q. The Q currency is currently being allocated for free if you are invited by an existing member.
The idea is that if millions of people join, Q could become a leading payment network, and, according to well-known economic models, that means the value of the reward would be around $130,000.
The amount you reserve decreases every day, and each member has a limited number of invites. You can use my invite link here:
https://initiativeq.com/invite/SMHrHo2i7

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
So some companies will find out that large numbers of people are interested in the prospect of free stuff. Shocking.

Knock yourself out then. At best you'll get a sh*tload of spam. At worst it will all be phishing and fraud. What you won't get is a load a free stuff. But hey ho.

A fool and his money are easily parted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here