Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kosovo v England (ITV1 5pm)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The main disappointment for me is that we are not getting the ball out to Hudson-Odio quick enough and when we do it is usually behind him not in front for him to run on to in his stride.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I expect Belgium, Germany, Italy, France and others are looking forward to playing against Englands defence and keeper. Since Hargreaves we haven't had a top class defensive/holding midfielder to protect the back line, and will be exposed against the elite teams.

Ledley King too, but his body fell apart.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I expect Belgium, Germany, Italy, France and others are looking forward to playing against Englands defence and keeper. Since Hargreaves we haven't had a top class defensive/holding midfielder to protect the back line, and will be exposed against the elite teams.

I guess that's what we're hoping Rice will become. I agree he's it all that yet but he's what, 20?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think Winks is one of those players who looks better for England. Rice simply isn’t at this level yet, he may get there but not ready.

Hudson Odoi has been poor but he’s fifth/sixth choice for a front three so can live with that.

For me, and people will disagree, I would start Tripper ahead of Alexander Arnold. We are shaky at the back and he’s a far better defender.

TAA is a dodgy defender at this early moment in his career. Maguire and Mings the same, a couple of times already Maguire was caught completely out of position, plus he was turned inside out by one of their players, so much so he had his back to the opponent. Got away with that incompetence, because it’s Kosovo.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm quite angry about this. Mings is shit on the ball, he dithers, wtf is Southgate thinking?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Major question marks about central midfield, central defence and the goalkeeper and only 7 months til the tournament starts.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm quite angry about this. Mings is shit on the ball, he dithers, wtf is Southgate thinking?

We’re not even commanding in defending aerial balls in our box, despite the world class brilliance of Mings and Maguire. Got this uneasy feeling that Mings will earn 50 caps now in a win nothing England team.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

In the same way they won’t be looking forward to facing Rashford/Kane/Sterling.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Mings pings a 60 yard pass straight into their keeper's arms. Jesus Christ :(

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Footballers should stick to what they do best. Donkey Mings will never be a Pirlo, or even a Rio Ferdinand or VVD with the ball.

Agreee but when you have TTA, Chilwell, Rashford, Sterling out wide the ability for a CB to ping an accurate 50 yard bll to their feet is priceless.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think Norwich have a better defence than England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here