Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Armed police at the Amex

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Or, to be more precise, at Falmer station.

Surprised nobody has mentioned this (apologies if they did and I missed it)

There was a couple of them at the top of the ramp as I got off the train. No doubt in case anyone was smuggling flasks or bottle tops.

They heard there was a chance to grab a dodgy property developer, who is on the run from Costa del Crime :cool:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I reckon there’s something going on at the moment. Flew back from Amsterdam this week and we sat on the place after boarding on time for 1h15min due to air traffic controller sickness in London. Except colleagues on flights to Luton, Heathrow & Stansted all left on time.

Also arrived at Gatwick and we were the only flight with a big delay

I flew back from Edinburgh on Thursday night. Very similar experience. All got on, nothing moved. Captain comes on and says we have an hour delay due to staff shortages at Gatwick and turns off the seatbelt signs. Fifteen minutes later the steward rushes someone back to their seat, on goes the sign and the Captain tells us we’re pushing back RIGHT NOW. Ended up only 15 mins late landing.

Not sure if this proves or disproves anything but it wasn’t just your flight.

As to the armed OB at the station it phased us quite a bit. Kids were more alarmed than reassured by it. Presumably a good reason though. They were Sussex, not Transport BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
They seem to be deployed randomly around towns and big crowded areas. Have seem them a couple times in Brighton and after the attacks in London there were quite a lot.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
There are armed police at Newcastle Central station virtually every day.

I don't think anyone really takes much notice now, as it's so regular.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They seem to be deployed randomly around towns and big crowded areas. Have seem them a couple times in Brighton and after the attacks in London there were quite a lot.

They’re also often in unmarked cars sitting at the entrances to the city such as Dyke Road Ave and London Road, with ANPR looking for target vehicles.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I flew back from Edinburgh on Thursday night. Very similar experience. All got on, nothing moved. Captain comes on and says we have an hour delay due to staff shortages at Gatwick and turns off the seatbelt signs. Fifteen minutes later the steward rushes someone back to their seat, on goes the sign and the Captain tells us we’re pushing back RIGHT NOW. Ended up only 15 mins late landing.

Not sure if this proves or disproves anything but it wasn’t just your flight.

As to the armed OB at the station it phased us quite a bit. Kids were more alarmed than reassured by it. Presumably a good reason though. They were Sussex, not Transport BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the current and former alert states, they are a common site in and around London.
All borough / counties have there own armed response units, and from time to time they are seen in public areas, more of a deterrent than incident.

Yes they walked past the queue at the north stand entrance next to the east stand....pushing through the crowd looked a bit alarming. A few police followed them in a state of anxiety which was a bit alarming...nattering away on their radios and looking concerned.

A couple of people wondered what that was all about.

Just Eat courier arrives with the Dunkin Donuts

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

There was a couple of them at the top of the ramp as I got off the train. No doubt in case anyone was smuggling flasks or bottle tops.

Apparently a failure in police intelligence.

The message came through to expect a large number of visitors of Middle Eastern appearance. Instead of being warned to expect the appearance of a large number of visitors from the East Midlands :moo:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Armed response vehicles patrol the entire county, 24hrs a day. The alternative is to have every armed officer sat in the office at HQ until a firearms job comes in (some of them might like this idea but it'd be a waste of paid police officers). So they go out and about like any other police. They go to shoplifters and domestics and fights at times. They also get used on pre-planned events like football, to provide a visual deterrent to any would-be armed attackers. Their presence is not evidence of a specific threat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Armed response vehicles patrol the entire county, 24hrs a day. The alternative is to have every armed officer sat in the office at HQ until a firearms job comes in (some of them might like this idea but it'd be a waste of paid police officers). So they go out and about like any other police. They go to shoplifters and domestics and fights at times. They also get used on pre-planned events like football, to provide a visual deterrent to any would-be armed attackers. Their presence is not evidence of a specific threat.

Well put

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

or what happened in Elm Grove ?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

I imagine as a nation we’ll be seeing a lot more of this, common site around the major hub stations in London.There is an enemy within hiding in plain site, I for one feel reassured seeing armed Old Bill.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here