Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mark McGhee

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Taking over at Eastbourne Borough till the end of the season after they sacked their manager yesterday...

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Reunited with Dean Cox
Boroughs old manager Gary Wilson scouted for the Scottish national team, so there is a link

Falmerfourtickets

Dec 14, 2010
Bizarrely, despite him working in Scotland, I saw him twice on separate occasions in Hove.

Presuming he still lived down here, I thought that must have been one hell of a commute...

He lives or has a property around the Matlock Road area in Brighton I believe.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Didn’t cover himself in glory at Barnet, is he that desperate for a job?

Probably more of a hobby now, I'd have thought. These old school managers appear to associate retirement with those periods of professionally being out of work. Not sure they actually know how/when to call it a day. Didn't Wenger fairly recently associate being retired with being dead?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't think any Barnet managers have covered themselves in glory in the last ten years apart from Martin Allen, who's managed them 43 times.

Be fair, it was only 42 times, and let's be honest, when has Martin Allen ever covered anyone he has managed in glory?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Bizarrely, despite him working in Scotland, I saw him twice on separate occasions in Hove.

Presuming he still lived down here, I thought that must have been one hell of a commute...
He still lived in Brighton even when he managed Motherwell. I met him a few times at both Gatwick and Glasgow Airport

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
"Drinking pints of whisky! Mark McGhee.....":whisky::whisky::whisky:

Still remember the happy times at Withdean under McGhee and that win at Upton Park. Great day out as too was the play-off final at the Millennium Stadium. :clap2:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
He'll have a nice easy home game v Wealdstone FC to contend with, Feb 23rd.
A certain Jeffrey Monakana will be in contention.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I liked MM and have fond memories of his tenure, Cardiff and staying up the next season as well as his run ins with Trolley and Leon Knight were good value. Kicking a player with attitude off a coach up North and leaving him to find his own way back to Brighton being a particular highlight.

Good luck to him :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I remember seeing him in the queue, with his son, for one of the open training days, a couple of years ago.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Why some of our fans talk Mark McGhee down, I will never know.

That survival season was one of my favourites.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here