Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Saturday 3pm blackout issue

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
As our game kicks off at 12.30 tomorrow and it will be decided on the day, if it goes to extra-time and penalties, will the TV coverage have to stop if it goes past 3pm?

Assuming normal time finishes around 2.30, then 30 mins extra time, 3pm will be just about when the penalties will be about to start.

Does the 3pm blackout not apply if the game is already started?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As our game kicks off at 12.30 tomorrow and it will be decided on the day, if it goes to extra-time and penalties, will the TV coverage have to stop if it goes past 3pm?

Assuming normal time finishes around 2.30, then 30 mins extra time, 3pm will be just about when the penalties will be about to start.

Does the 3pm blackout not apply if the game is already started?

Will the broadcaster decide that the news is more important than the completion of the game and shift the conclusion to another channel entirely?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
We’ll be 4 nil up at half time with the game already won so definitely no extra time or penalties or blackout.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Live 3pm Football on TV

BHA KO at 12:30 Saturday. As it is a play till the end game there may be 30 minutes extra time and penalties.
The rule (don't think it's a law) states no live football after 2:45, so will BT continue to show the game live?
Sky used to start Spanish games 15 mins in, at 5:15, to avoid the clash.

Edit. Thanks for merging, missed other thread.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
No extra time please.

Really pushing my luck with this fixture as it is.
Made the mistake of thinking this weekend was free and told the missus I would take her out, having been pretty absent for the last 3 weekends.

With the train situation I could see me not getting back to South London before 7:30pm.

That might be considered to be taking the piss a little bit.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
No extra time please.

Really pushing my luck with this fixture as it is.
Made the mistake of thinking this weekend was free and told the missus I would take her out, having been pretty absent for the last 3 weekends.

With the train situation I could see me not getting back to South London before 7:30pm.

That might be considered to be taking the piss a little bit.

It’ll take you 4 hours to get back to South London? I know the trains are bad but that’s something else!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It’ll take you 4 hours to get back to South London? I know the trains are bad but that’s something else!
A good journey takes 2 hours.
The train will be at least 3 hours with bus replacement from Brighton to three bridges. Probably more likely 3.5 with a scrum for the replacement bus at Brighton.

If it goes to penalties. Can't see me getting out of teh amex until at least 4pm, probably later.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

You need to have a couple of pints before you get on the train. And maybe one or two at the other end. Four hours sounds optimistic.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
We’ll be 4 nil up at half time with the game already won so we'll play the second half as if we were playing Fulham.............................

What and lose 6.4. Steady those nerves. We’ll be fine. What could possibly go wrong?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Good news is rhis won't be an issue for me in Whistler, Canada. Bad news is it's a 430am ko...[emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
As this game’s not on BBC I will have trouble watching it.

Unless one of you lovely people provide me with a link to BT Sport 2 so I can watch it from the relative comfort of my Mother-in-laws

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here