Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you offer Bruno and Bong new contracts?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Bruno - new role as Head of Nutrition and Lifestyle for the whole club.
Bong is probably worth keeping on unless something better becomes available. I suspect our future playing budget will be directed elsewhere.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I fear that the day that Bruno leaves the Albion, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] will shut down NSC for a week of mourning :eek:

As for the question, yeah, give 'em an extra year, unless there are very capable replacements (or replacements for the regular starters) lined up. If not, they've both proved they are capable deputies.

I will flounce for a month...I love Bruno. He Makes going to the Amex more enjoyable.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Bong : 1 Year contract. Sorry, I'm not 'Team Bong' and never have been - but he's an able back up. I have to say he had the best game I've ever seen him play against Watford. I think he wore a magnetic headband to confuse himself as he actually went... forwards!

Bruno : Think about this... If he was 28 years old, sharper (bodily) and with his footballing brain, he'd be absolutely first choice every time. He's absolute quality in my book. So - with a fantastic footballing brain, a whole squad and staff at a club who love the guy, why not let him retire then have him on the coaching staff? Just think what he could teach young defenders, or help the team study players and come up with tactics...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Nope. Time to move on. Replace them with better.

Bruno should get a testimonial, if we still do these kind of things.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Bong is willing and able. afraid Bruno may only be willing.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It would depend on offloading Schelotto & Suttner. No point in having 3 fullbacks for each side just for the sake of it.

I'd be happy to retain either but feel like both may move on

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Bruno. We don't see what he brings to the team and dressing room. That may or may not be a deciding factor for Chrissy.

Bong. Yes as back up.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I cannot comprehend a day when Bruno is not part of our squad anymore. I'm not even over Calde leaving yet.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'd look at it like this.

Question 1 - Can we get a better Right Back back up than Bruno?
Answer - probably not one who would be happy to be a back up

Question 2 - Should we get someone to genuinely compete with Montoya for first choice
Answer - Yes if we can get him. If we can't, offer Bruno another year

We can answer exactly the same questions for Bong and Bernardo.

Personally I think we would do well to find better than our current options, who are aware they may not be coming in as first team, at a wage we're willing to pay. Great if we can manage it. If we can't, I have every confidence that Bong and Bruno will continue to perform well in the Premier league for another year

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Yep, to both. What capacity Bruno signs on in is another matter, but the guy has earned the right to another contract if he thinks he has another year as a back up.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If offer Bong a new contract, but not Bruno.

Bruno must know this is his last year. We will have to look for better depth in the role.

Anyhow, defence is not the problem in my view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here