Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] DFS and The Goldstone Retail Park

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Of course. I'm not saying forget it happened. It's a big part of our history and the rise from there to now is incredible.

Like I said, I understand 'why' fans boycott it but it's only a few nationwide companies that aren't related to our club or Archer or Belotti. They're just shops/restaurants and like someone previously stated, if we had stayed at the Goldstone, there's no guarantee there would still be a ground there with the modern stadiums we have now.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

You're just too young to remember!!

I commend to you #118. That just sums it up for me too.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I'm in the 'never have, never will' camp... and I have only driven past once in 20 years, and that was by mistake.

Me too!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Loving those that don't live anywhere near Brighton and Hove saying they don't drive past it, like the Old Shoreham Road was somehow involved. :hilton:

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I live quite close by now and don't have any issues with using it now and again. In actual fact I find it quite evocative as it triggers a lot of good memories.

My main issue with it is that It is a monstrosity, poorly designed for everyone other than car users. To those who haven't been there for a while, there is now housing on the corner of Goldstone Lane and Newtown Road. The car dealership either has planning permission or has applied for planning permission for the construction of flats and houses. I get the impression that the retail units are getting less and less viable so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them gone in the next 10 years and replaced by housing or a mixed used development.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Never boycotted it. Never saw the point.

Often wonder where we would be today if the Goldstone was never sold.

Probably still playing there as a third tier side with the odd season in the Championship.

Whilst it was a **** at the time, without that pair of complete Muppets learching from one **** up to the next, where would the club be today?

And as football fans, it gave us a near unique experience, that most supporters will never have...... and it all turned out well in the end!

I see no point it boycotting stores that operate there today, just make myself feel better. I just look at the Amex, and instantly feel a lot better than I would, if we was playing Fleetwood in League One at the weekend at the Goldstone!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here