Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Toilets, yes toilets

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Simple 21st century solution...

Convert half of all toilets (men and women's) to unisex.

This won't work. It would need to be all-cubicle.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The best managed toilets I've ever used at a sporting venue are at the Oval, where despite a lot of people using them frequently during a day's play in a test match there are rarely lengthy queues. A "one-way" system helps to alleviate it a lot IMHO, plus having separate facilities for urinals (with a quick turnaround) and stalls to keep the flow moving.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
misogynist : Dictionary result for misogynist
/mɪˈsɒdʒ(ə)nɪst/
noun

1. a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women.
"a bachelor and renowned misogynist"

synonym: woman-hater, anti-feminist, male chauvinist, male supremacist, chauvinist, sexist

Well, seeing as I've been happily married to a woman for 20 years I'm not much of one, eh....

Yeah.......but....but.....but......:lol:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The queues for the catering outlet towards the North end of the concourse were so long there was barely any space for people not wanting to queue, so the whole place was gridlocked with no one really able to move anywhere.

Being an ESU regular I can tell you we suffered a few years of this but now, for PL games, fans tend to turn up 20 mins before KO and go straight to their seat. Thus, for me anyway, the catering queue is only a few people long.

And what happens if the Amex hosts an England Women's International ?

It has or was it a friendly a few years back?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Plenty of toilets for a crowd of less than 10,000

ouch.jpeg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am perfectly happy to identify myself as a woman when I'm breaking my neck for a piss. :thumbsup:

A Welsh mate of mine did this in a pub in Dublin before Ireland v Wales football. He got luzzed out. Apparently bouncers in Dublin boozers don't believe that Cardiff fans in Lacoste baseball caps with tattoos on their hands have gender identification issues :shrug:

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
You've obviously never been to a major motorsport event. Went to Brands Hatch some yrs ago to watch the World Superbikes event. It was estimated that there was in excess of 100,000 people there. You joined the queue for the toilets before you even wanted to go because if you left it till then, you wet yourself which was quite apparent in some cases. Also you joined the queue for burgers etc long before you were hungry.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Concourses get busy at half time. This isn’t new. Having visited many stadiums, I find the Amex has some of the better toilet facilities and okay queues. I have found myself getting to the end of the queue to be told there’s not much food left though. Yesterday, the North ran of burgers by the time I get there with still 5 minutes before the second half started.

Speaking of the North, I tried the NW corner section for the first time yesterday. The mens toilet upstairs for that section and the shelf was very dark. The light did not carry though to the cubicle I was in. Was dark enough you wouldn’t be able to see the inevitable piss left on the seat. The North is certainly more cramped than my regular area in the East Lower. First world problems, eh?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Never had a problem with the queues in ESU wander to the loos 5 mins before the second half starts straight in and straight out.
There again I. Don't drink due to driving.

Another question who on Earth takes a half drunk pint in a toilet? One guy yesterday (probably a West stand tourist ) actually put his beer on the floor while taking a piss!!!!!

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Oh for the good old days of standing on the North Stand terraces. If you wanted a piss, you just rolled up a newspaper to preserve your modesty, then pissed onto the concrete. Job done and no need to lose your precious place.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Half-time in the ESU was ridiculous. The queues for the catering outlet towards the North end of the concourse were so long there was barely any space for people not wanting to queue, so the whole place was gridlocked with no one really able to move anywhere.

On the plus side, it was considerably warmer being part of this human logjam than being outside in the seats.

We were in the same section as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] (as he sorted our tickets - thank you) and at half time you had the 2 single entrance toilets (1 male and 1 female) both with long queues right out into the concourse, blocking entrance C out to the seats. As mentioned above the end of these queues got tangled up with the queues for the concessions, so it became almost impossible to move.

Another oddity about the ESU was the fact that unlike the WSU the roof appears to be open to elements meaning that yesterday when I was queuing for food I was getting drizzled on and the whole concourse was 'breezy'.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Never had a problem with the queues in ESU wander to the loos 5 mins before the second half starts straight in and straight out.

Another question who on Earth takes a half drunk pint in a toilet? One guy yesterday (probably a West stand tourist ) actually put his beer on the floor while taking a piss!!!!!

Probably from the same gene pool, that use their phones in the toilets......

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
GF confirmed 3 female toilets in ESU (where we were visiting). Queue was 15 mins (I thought she had gone home). WSU where our season tickets are has 30 female toilets. Queue is 0 seconds always.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've said on here before, and I'll say it again... Convert some of the barely used Women's toilets into mens. It's such a bloody simple solution.... Just look at the queues for the Ladies toilets on matchdays. Yes, there aren't any. EVER. :shrug:

There definitely are queues for the wome's toilets. At least there are in the north stand.

Hmmm in theory, yes absolutely. I'm wondering though if there is something in law that says that sporting venues have to give both sexes an equal amount of space.

When the north stand opened there were two lots of toilets for women, but the men were queuing back onto the concourse, so one set were converted to mens.
Women's loos are all cubicles, so they take up more space.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

If it was lager, then he probably wouldn't notice if someone 'topped it up' for him...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here