Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] What are they doing by the Dyke roundabout ?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Before the road was laid test pits were dug across the field the outlines of these test pits are visible and appear to me to be positioned in a manner that would be suitable for the erecting of holiday lodges with the access road being the first part of the construction, I hasten to add I have no inside knowledge but that's what it looks like to me

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Coming along the A27 from the west, the field on the left just next to the dyke roundabout (left to dyke, right to dyke road roundabout) has what appears to be a winding road being built through the middle of it. Any ideas what it's for or where it's going ?

Thanking the most knowledgeable place on all things Brighton.

(And no prizes for saying they are building a road :dunce:)

The farmer has agreed for builders to dump there excavations like West Hove did. Should make a pretty penny

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I ran by yesterday and thought what is that. Could it be an access road for the construction of the flats at Court Farm on the other side of the Bypass? I think Court Farm was split in two by the A27.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
According to the South Downs National Park website its 'to remodel the large man-made depression using imported inert soils, so that 7.65 Ha of land can be brought back into arable production.'

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would have given me a cracking alternative route to work in the morning as well.

For no apparent reason they could make it into a circular route doing the same on t'other side of the A24. :whistle:

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
Drove past yesterday, very odd - winding tarmacked road - to no where.

It’s going to be landfill, 100 lorries per day once it gets going.

Will just end up being a “raised” field at the same level as Devils Dyke Road.

Massive job, something to do with potential subsidence of the by-pass down below.

I installed the signs leading to the site a couple of weeks back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I think the long term plan is to move King George VI Ave over to the bypass side of Toads hole valley as part of any larger redevelopment of the area. This would then allow changes to the junctions with Goldstone Crescent and Nevill Road which is an accident hotspot. I guess this is just a cheap way to get it started for the council?

Lush

Mods' Pet
It’s going to be landfill, 100 lorries per day once it gets going.

Will just end up being a “raised” field at the same level as Devils Dyke Road.

Massive job, something to do with potential subsidence of the by-pass down below.

I installed the signs leading to the site a couple of weeks back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully it will attract all the squawky scavenging seagulls from central Brighton.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
According to the South Downs National Park website its 'to remodel the large man-made depression using imported inert soils, so that 7.65 Ha of land can be brought back into arable production.'

Is what I’d heard. Existing land too steep to farm, it will add extra support to by-pass embankment. The fill they did by the golf course seems to have bedn a success.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

A "large man-made depression" is what will engulf England if we get knocked out by Croatia tomorrow.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here