Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to bury the hatchet and get behind the team

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
It's a statement of fact that a noisy crowd gives players a lift.

I think we will be up for this one, but I fear going a goal down. Crowd needs to be as supportive as possible whilst the scoreline remains practical to overturn.

I believe a supportive crowd does lift some players but with others it can overwhelm or in the case of someone like AK overheat.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Yes support the team tomorrow but a win would only paper over the cracks of a team with deep problems

Staying up is the most important thing right now, the time for reflection is later, our job is to get behind the team and to become the twelfth man

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Yes support the team tomorrow but a win would only paper over the cracks of a team with deep problems

Agreed

I will ALWAYS support the team no matter what, what I WON'T do is approve, appreciate and keep quiet about the level of football Hughton has offered us so far in 2019

Get this season sorted tomorrow and then we move onto discussions of what to do next to sort our problems out, changes WILL have to be made.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Bizarrely there are actually people still buying tickets for tomorrow.

Given how Saturday’s pretendance was clearly the worst of the season I’d expect tomorrows to be even worse.

First sub 30k pretendance this season and an attendance of c26k tomorrow?

I’m coming down from London for this still but know plenty of others who aren’t after Saturday.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Bizarrely there are actually people still buying tickets for tomorrow.

Given how Saturday’s pretendance was clearly the worst of the season I’d expect tomorrows to be even worse.

First sub 30k pretendance this season and an attendance of c26k tomorrow?

I’m coming down from London for this still but know plenty of others who aren’t after Saturday.

Ruddy hell - for one second I thought you were suggesting that the games at the Amex are meant to be entertainment. :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The only ditty I can remember the whole stadium getting behind, slightly tweaked. "Were on our way, were on our way, to the Championship were on our way".

Bissouma's chant seems to be popular around the stands. The words are easy to remember.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I respect your sentiments but the players walked out on Saturday with GOSBTS booming out around the Amex. Where was their motivation then?

Yes, we will give it another go tomorrow of course but the players looked like they didn't give a shit on Saturday. It is difficult to summon up the motivation to keep the support going when the players clearly can't be arsed.

We aren't being paid many thousands of pounds a week to support the team. It is down to the manager to take off the shackles and let us play and for the players to perform.

I get all this and we all have differing opinions on what’s wrong, who should go, etc but that can’t be fixed today or tomorrow. I’m in the camp that believes the players will be disappointed and embarrassed by Saturday’s performance and result, rather than the players couldn’t be arsed brigade.

I also believe that our strength is defending (ok we’ve just let in 5 !) and hoping to score on the break from a dead ball. I don’t like it and would love to see us attack more but I just don’t think our players are good enough. Even Outside the top 6 most of the mid table teams are full of £30m + players. Each one would be our top player. So how do we compete - try to beat them at their own game or try something that we are more accustomed to? Quite simply our players are not good enough.

Back to the point of this thread. Let’s give everything we can and hope the players do the same.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lots of negativity, criticism and harmful comments over the past couple of days borne out of frustration, disappointment and anger. Now is the time to get behind the team.

we have less than 36 hours before we kick off to save our season and PL status. Ok we aren’t great and most of us knew that before Saturday, but on our day, at home and with the crowd behind us we can match if not beat most teams, not least Cardiff.

If the players walk out tomorrow to GOSBTS booming out around the Amex they will be motivated and then it’s up to them. If we don’t get behind them and we lose then we are partly to blame because we could have done more.

Come on, let’s sink Warnock’s ship and give us PL football again next season.

Blimey

Trouble with all this gung-ho Get Behind The Team stuff is it invariably turns to shit when we concede earlydoors and are left chasing the game. As Colin Wanker will patently set his team out to do on Tuesday. If that happens, the boos and pathetic showboating gestures at half time will be something to behold. Maybe we could then issue such disappointed customers with 'I am a wanker' stickers. Preferably stapled to their foreheads.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Just a little surprised that you think a couple of summer signings are needed.I think 4/5 might be a more realistic figure.

I think 3 good, proven ones would be a better investment than 5 unproven players. Personally, I think some of our current players will step up to the plate given the right platform.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we don’t get behind them and we lose then we are partly to blame because we could have done more.
Exactly. And not just before kick-off, and for the first 15 minutes, but for the whole game.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I don't mind people leaving early but when they scream in your face about how s...t we are as they go, it does rather spoil the game for me. Go home and take it out on the dog (on second thoughts, leave the poor dog alone too)

Or take the dog out, for a long, long walk. Walk OFF that anger and frustration. I find it helps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here