[Albion] Positives from the last 2 games

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Pros - we had 2 shots on target

Cons - Ali J just confirms for me that we were sold a 'pup' for this level

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Also, when was the last match in the PL where we came away with a performance of domination/victory/quality?

Exactly. The fact is that on present form we are not competing at this level. Scraped a couple of wins. One of the few teams to have lost to Fulham. Really not good enough. In fact it's getting depressing. And based on our recent form and Cardiff's recent form they will beat us at the Amex.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was such a lovely Gentleman and so proud to have played for the Albion (200 times). He carried his 57-58 (I think) promotion medal around with him and loved showing it to anyone who was interested.

I asked him for his autograph (around 1977 probably), he said “what do you want mine for”, i then repeated what I’d been told and we had a long chat. Of course being 9 I was probably a bit star-struck meeting a legend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As the subject is quite subjective, and possibly opens up a game of tennis with views, I have done it in my mind with those that ARE PL standard in my mind.

Last night we barely got a kick against a side that are nowhere near winning their domestic League, men v boys scenario, and we cannot hold the ball nor take people on effectively.

Take an example; can you honestly see us, in the current format, producing a display against a big boy such as Palace winning at City? Also, when was the last match in the PL where we came away with a performance of domination/victory/quality?

Just two games ago.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
T'internet doesn't seem to be working in Chailey. :thumbsup:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Before Chelsea's first goal I thought we played quite well. We actually counter-attacked with purpose, and Andone was the main reason for that. He needs to start regularly as he makes such a difference.
[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Exactly. The fact is that on present form we are not competing at this level. Scraped a couple of wins. One of the few teams to have lost to Fulham. Really not good enough. In fact it's getting depressing. And based on our recent form and Cardiff's recent form they will beat us at the Amex.

Ah yes....Fulham.
Last 17 games........Won 1 Drawn 1 Lost 15.......Since we lost 4-2 to Fulham, the Cottagers have been revitalised.......1-4....1-2....1.2....1.2...0-2....0-3...1-3....0-2...1.2...1.3...1.2...0.2...1-4 ( THIRTEEN GAMES THIRTEEN DEFEATS )
Fulham's away record is impressive.....
P17 D2 L15.......and guess where one of the away draws was?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who did we 'dominate' and beat with a 'quality' performance?

I do hope this is not heading towards Selhurst?

Yes, Palace with two quality goals, and they could only score from a penalty.

We've won 9 games so far this season, which is the same as last season after 38 games.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, Palace with two quality goals, and they could only score from a penalty.

We've won 9 games so far this season, which is the same as last season after 38 games.

Hmmmm one quality goal was from a wind assisted punt up field that was defended appallingly (quality finish)
The other AK cutting in from the right and putting the ball in the top corner has been the bane of our Premier League campaigns and now he's finally done it once that's all we're going to get from him for ever more.
Sadly AK can only do that once or twice a career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here