Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I think they will go all out at us early doors and we will have to defend for our lives, we do a smash and grab type of performance win 0-1 with goal machine Propper scoring in the 78th minute .

And then I woke up .

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Never thought Rogers would leave his "Dream job" but there you go. Their players will be proper fired up for this and we don't have a good record against them anyway. Still, you never know with football. Staying hopeful.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Be interesting if the warm weather training etc has had any positive effects. We really need to put in a decent performance ASAP or we ARE going down. Crowd will be well up for it with the news about Rodgers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Heading off this morning. Must win game this for me tonight. We have to start to turn our fortunes around and tonight has to be the place. Will be giving it my total backing - come on lads!

Really?

A draw tonight, would be a TERRIFIC result.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It's going to be tough, but we can go there and get a result! Cut out the soft goals and we'll have a chance.
Need to remain solid and hope for a spark from our wingers (assist for Murray/a goal themselves) or a Bissouma thunderbolt to snatch us a goal. My team:

Ryan

Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo

Propper
Stephens
Bissouma

March
Murray
Knockeart (although wouldn't be surprised to see Locadia here knowing CH)

Subs: Button, Burn, Bong, Gross, Locadia, Ali J, Izquierdo

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Away Pub. The Counting House, Almond Road, LE2 7LH
I don't normally leave recommendations but this place was very friendly last year. Nice outdoor area.
Also check out the fast beer serving glasses.
Good selection of ales from the pump.
10 mins from ground.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have no idea why you lot are pooping yourselves over 'Leicester players out to impress new manager'.

The Leicester players haven't given a fudge about any of their post Ranieri managers why should Rodgers be any different?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Leicester are on a dreadful run of form, and when we turn up, we are invariably the perfect antidote. Seen it time and time again.

Against a team low on confidence we should be looking to start positively, press high and take the game to them, just like we did at West Ham. However, I think I know whats coming. Surrender the initiative in an attempt to stay solid, maybe have a go in the last 20 if we're hopefully no more than 1 down by then.

That 1-1 at the Amex still rankles, after being 1 up and playing for an hour against 10 men. They'll remember what a passive soft touch we were in that 2nd half. My money's on a standard 2-0 defeat. PLEASE let me be wrong.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Leicester are on a dreadful run of form, and when we turn up, we are invariably the perfect antidote. Seen it time and time again.

Against a team low on confidence we should be looking to start positively, press high and take the game to them, just like we did at West Ham. However, I think I know whats coming. Surrender the initiative in an attempt to stay solid, maybe have a go in the last 20 if we're hopefully no more than 1 down by then.

That 1-1 at the Amex still rankles, after being 1 up and playing for an hour against 10 men. They'll remember what a passive soft touch we were in that 2nd half. My money's on a standard 2-0 defeat. PLEASE let me be wrong.

It is all too familiar.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Heading up just after mid-day. Any parking recommendations please ?

I usually park my car in Victoria Park Car Park (Sat Nav LE1 7RU) which is in an okay area and about a 10-15m walk to the ground. There are a number of more central car parks but surrounding areas can be gridlocked before and after a game. VPCP charges a "night owl" rate of £2 after 5pm (or at least it did last year). Leicester is hot on parking wardens so beware. I received a penalty notice there last year because when I shut my car door to head off to the match my parking ticket flipped over from the draught and hence I was not "displaying a ticket"! I challenged the penalty with the Council and, to be fair, they let me off "just this once".

Nervous about tonight, as I always am when I watch the Albion play away. We need a confidence boost after our recent points drought and Leicester will be up for it too on the back of four successive home defeats and Puel leaving the club. I reckon it could be quite an entertaining and tough game. I'd certainly be very happy with a point tonight and I think we'll have to work very hard to earn it. It would be great if we could snaffle an away point to ease the pressure of the run-in. As ever, keep the faith.

A rare short journey tonight (80 mile round trip) for me to watch an Albion game and a pleasant change from the usual 310 miles to and from the Amex!

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Away Pub. The Counting House, Almond Road, LE2 7LH
I don't normally leave recommendations but this place was very friendly last year. Nice outdoor area.
Also check out the fast beer serving glasses.
Good selection of ales from the pump.
10 mins from ground.

Was in there Saturday. Handy place to park and grab some food before the game,10 mins walk to the away end too. Burgers very average. Not the greatest away pub you will visit but one of the more convenient ones for sure.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Gross to start for me tonight. In a potentially tight away game, against "a quality team" set pieces are going to be vital. No-one else i would rather be over the ball than Pascal in our current squad.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Will we wear the unlucky Green Kit?

Might as well ................................... I'm fearing the worst anyway, so if this uses up the number of times we're contracted to wear the green rubbish, might as well get it over with.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Was in there Saturday. Handy place to park and grab some food before the game,10 mins walk to the away end too. Burgers very average. Not the greatest away pub you will visit but one of the more convenient ones for sure.

But a lot better than some of the square boxes that open up just for the away fans. Many 'pubs' open a square room stripped of all furniture and charge a flat £5 a pint.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here