Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] What have you witnessed growing up in the 70's/80's would you like to see creeping back

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
True. But the issue is whether it is income that is paramount, or inequality. For me it is income. As long as more people have enough, I don't care if some people have insane amounts more. History shows that striving for equality tends to end in more people getting poorer. I give you Venezuela. Even Russia has given up communism. China is just pretending to be communist. Autocracy, more like.

Don't get me wrong, allowing a clique to get rich by theiving off the poor (Thatcherism) is deplorable. But, with some blips, things have been heading towards better for decades (except, perhaps, for the mentally ill; the number of rough sleepers I see between Victora and Westminster each day is getting rediculous....).

Inequality is 7 times higher now than the 1970s almost as many people are working but many on zero hours having to work several jobs to pay for rented accommodation that is far above the mortgage payment on the same property while those many of my age who have gold plated pensions home owners mortagae paid having possibly inherited property being rented out today is a golden age.

Some are the super rich but many millions more would not see themselves as rich but are compared to millions more it's an inequality of age

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Being able to go for a pint at lunchtime. Worked at Marlborough Place almost next to the King & Queen and just round the corner from the Waggon and Horses where you could get steak and kidney pie, chips and beans for about 75p I think- and nobody even knew what cholesterol was. Happy days

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How about The Ammonites, The Golinski Brothers and Woody and the Splinters? All at The Alhambra regularly. Do you remember the floor used to move when everyone was pogoing?

It was the in place :wink:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Seaside Special, Summertime Special and The Specials.

Live from Torbay... most weeks. I was on holiday there in 1976 when Abba were on. My parents didn't take me. :tantrum:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
White dog poo.

Big Daddy v Giant Haystacks.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
No worrying about anything.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Bryan Adams - Everything I do (I do it for you). Ok, that was 1991.

The Goldstone all-seated somehow.

The Sunday Match (only one on BBC I think).

Bullseye.

Fanzines.

A young Daniella Westbrook in EastEnders with the tissues ready.

Chickenpox scars - actually, forget that one. :lolol:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Recording the Sunday top 20 with Tom Browne. Our budgie chirping in the background.

Pretending I was I'll so I didn't have to go to Boys Brigade thus seeing Gary Numan on TOTP.

Bundle aggro (Awaits a like from the resident fairy)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Soda syphons

Brentford Nylons (not 'alf mate)

Gripping hands Action Man

Striker

Rebound

The Test Card

Out of Town

Clapperboard