Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Kicking yourself off Facebook

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I put question marks in, I was asking opinions you silly little individual. Do you not get it? Everyone else on this thread seems to.

Am I supposed to understand? Maybe not seeing as how you think I am a silly little individual.
You either want to stop or you don't want to stop it.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Weirdly enough, I removed myself from all Social Media in the new year due to finding out certain things about people who used to be close to me.

Hard to think I've gone over a week without Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc. Seeing as I used to tap on the icons on my phone without thinking!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hard to do? After 12 years I am doing just that in the next couple of days.

Just refer to Zuckerberg with an F at the start.Minimum of 30 days jail,then see how you go.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
27-8-2015 is the last time i used my personal f/b account. I could see where it was heading.

So glad I did.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I stopped posting on FB a couple of years ago and weaned myself off checking posts over a period of months. I still have the app installed and the account still exists but I never feel the need to go on. To be honest it brought out a slightly needy side of me that I didn't like, and it also risked damaging my opinions of some people that I really like in real life.

I'm not anti Facebook per se. I just realised that it's not for me.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I stopped posting on FB a couple of years ago and weaned myself off checking posts over a period of months. I still have the app installed and the account still exists but I never feel the need to go on. To be honest it brought out a slightly needy side of me that I didn't like, and it also risked damaging my opinions of some people that I really like in real life.

I'm not anti Facebook per se. I just realised that it's not for me.
You Still can't let go then? .Basically it has a hold over you ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Depends if you use it to post photos of your daily meals, drunken parties and "cute animal video spam", or for businesses and projects where it's a good extension to websites and communicating with customers and quick questions. It's also handy for families to keep up to date.

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
I took myself off Facebook and its very liberating, now people ask what I have been up to and not comment on things they have seen on Facebook!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I had a facebook account when it was new (at least to the general public). Never really took to it. Then they were doing an update that rumour said would make everything public, that you'd have to go through and change the settings of things you had previously marked as private, and that was it for me. I deleted my account. That was some point prior to 2008, long before adding it as an app to a smart phone/tablet was a common option.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I deleted my account over a year or more ago. However I suggest you make sure you download all your posts etc so you have anything you may need later and go through the correct deletion process to make sure you are wiped off FB forever. If you don’t they can keep all your info etc. I found something online that told you the only way to do it properly so worth checking out.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I have face book.....look at it about 5 mins every few days......can live without it but it dont take up much of my time so whats the problem?

Anyone who posts photos of their dinner gets blocked....also the self loving selfie queens....Blocked.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Facebook is w4nk. Should be renamed - Look-How-Great-My-Life-Is.com

My wife is on there, a lot - and the people she shows me with the most "wonderful, happy lives" doing "amazing" things and looking soooo fulfilled and glowing are usually the ones who are the most desperately miserable in their relationships and end up divorced or separated.

It also gets on my tits when I go out for a beer with my mates all excited to tell them about something I've done or somewhere I've been, only for them to say "yeah, saw it on facebook" after Mrs Nose put it on there. :annoyed:

Like everything in life, there's a middle ground. However, the pendulum has to swing as far as it can both ways before you know what the centre is. We've gone from zero connectivity to ridiculous amounts. Eventually it'll settle - and we can be a bit less wanky about it all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here