Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'Club membership' to be added to season ticket...

Would you pay £20 to add membership to your Albion season ticket?

• Yes, I would - sign me up!

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • No ****ing chance.

Votes: 270 95.1%

• Total voters

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Hang on. I'm a Bronze member currently paying £22 a year for my Bronze membership so I can get priority for tickets for the few games I can make. Now the club is selling exactly the same membership for two pounds LESS to season ticket holders for their guests, adding a huge new pool of people into the mix for tickets in the meantime.

Are the club taking the ACTUAL PISS?

I sincerely hope you lot do reject this offer.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm not interested in it as I don't buy guest tickets often enough to need a membership. I'll take my chances when i do want them. No problem with the club offering the membership to season ticket holders however it should very much be an opt in rather than an opt out.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whilst I do regularly buy guest tickets I'm more than happy for the Bronze members to get their chance first and then take my chances with what is left. Definitely don't want to pay £20 extra for the luxury of doing so.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Hang on. I'm a Bronze member currently paying £22 a year for my Bronze membership so I can get priority for tickets for the few games I can make. Now the club is selling exactly the same membership for two pounds LESS to season ticket holders for their guests, adding a huge new pool of people into the mix for tickets in the meantime.

Don't worry, KG - next season the club will offer you (and me) the opportunity to gain priority again for the wholly reasonable price of £60. :thumbsup:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

So next season you'll be needing the new Silver membership that get tickets before bronze members and season ticket holders. Only £50.

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings

I'm also a Bronze member and this was exactly my thought too...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So presumably this £20 is in addition to any price increase on season tickets? Or this instead of a price increase?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Imagine how well this would have gone if we’d lost on Tuesday? The perfect time to release bad news and it’s gone down like a plate of cat sick. I’ll be opting out too. Me & Junior have season tickets so we can avoid the game by game scrum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Think club are taking P. Never crossed my mind before this, that I wasnt a member.. See in program Barber said they have 16000 members. That times 25 Pounds just to let club do you a favour and let you buy a ticket. It is a joke. To enable me to get a ticket for some Brighton away games I have registered at no cost at several clubs.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016

My thoughts too. I’m a ST holder but have Young Seagulls plus for both of my boys and they’ve been on the waiting list for two years... in that time they’ve been to most home games and built up enough loyalty points that they can always get a ticket now...
Not going to be voting for something that lessens my chances of getting my kids their tickets.
Anybody prepared to make an effort and invest the time can get a ticket for most games already.. smacks of an unnecessary scheme to me.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Can we become members and get £15 off our ST price if we turn down the welcome pack. Pay £20 decline £35 pack . If so I`ll say yes please.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I reckon your email will read something like this:

We are aware that nearly 3% of season ticket holders have opted to also buy club membership with their 2019/20 season tickets. This is great, but we are also aware that due to the popularity of our home games the availability and choice of these guest tickets is reducing.

As a Bronze member we would like you to enjoy an enhanced priority booking window, which will be before the new season ticket+memership guest ticket sale window, so that you can buy the tickets you want, to the games you want, in the location you want.

Next season we are proposing that we introduce a Silver club membership. This would be at the attractive price of £50 for adults and £25 for juniors, and would include a welcome pack worth over £35 and £25 respectively.

If you are a Bronze member paying by annual Direct Debit, we will automatically upgrade you to Silver membership for you, allowing you to opt out of this membership option until late April.

If you are a Bronze member renewing by manual payment, we would offer this as an option to your renewal payment, though again you would be able to opt out.

As well as this, you will receive a whole host of benefits to make sure you're not missing out on the Albion action.

We would like to hear your thoughts on this - please indicate your preference. The link will be live until 5pm on Friday 14 December.

Thank you for your continued support.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
It’s right up there with the decision to charge entry into what used to be a packed sports bar.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

It is a bit of a kick in the balls for Bronze members. I was toying with the idea of buying Bronze membership so I could start taking my son to the occasional game as he is keen to start going to football. In light of this news I'm glad I haven't bought it yet, as I shan't bother now.

If I had just shelled out £22 for Bronze plus Junior Seagull membership for him - only to discover that STHs 'occassional guests' are now in the same ticket priority pool, I'd have been a bit miffed, to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here