Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
It's already done.

Be honest, you couldn't give a flying flamingo what I do with my time. You thought you had something that you could put me down with.
Well it aint working.
:lolol:

I like politics and think discussing the current affairs of the day, is a well worthwhile pastime.

Good for you Thunderbolt. Your sharp political insights are much appreciated; I wish you good health, energy and the will to continue challenging unsupported contrariness!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
His use of the word Empire may well upset you but he is spot on. We need to be in a multi territory union to both work with and compete with the major players in the world. It’s run perfectly democratically and only sinister to those who don’t understand global issues.

Im not upset in the slightest in him using the word empire when he says he wants the EU to become an empire, quite the opposite, he is a real gift.

Those of us who have served, know that we've worked with Europe and NATO, for decades. I know Wrens who have a NATO medal for being in Naples during the Balkans war, using an air base in Brindisi.
NATO has a base in Brussels called SHAPE, and we have exchange drafts all over Europe. In June, I was in Brest for the commemoration of the Mers-El-Kebir Association, talking to a serving RN officer based there, whilst his counterpart is in Portsmouth. We have troops peacekeeping in Ukraine now.

Those who havnt been in the forces know we have worked with Europe and NATO for decades too, was sort of expecting that we did work with NATO considering we are in it..
Your reply is rather irrelevant though to Verhofstadt saying “Let's become an empire” and “Let's create a European defence union”.

What a card he is.

TELEMMGLPICT000209512051_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqutubNGxeqbD0m2XylzINLnUsPic8VcQct3P5XQ1Gzd0.jpeg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Have you got any idea of how long 750 trade deals would take to negotiate?

It took the EU and Canada seven years to negotiate their trade deal. Canada have already told us, that deal will not roll over to us, so we've got to start from scratch.

Its not 750 trade deals, someone has previously pointed this out to you, but still you repeat it .
Its international arrangements, not trade deals .

750arrangements.jpg

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I hold no brief for Mr. Johnson and I think he should have attended.
However, I am not a fan of the grandstanding by Bettel.That was my point and one that I have made in my subsequent posts.
By the way, I don't think he is PM material, but I truly struggle to identify many/any politicians of any political persuasion with the requisite qualities to lead the country.
I am no avid politico, so maybe others have some suggestions.

I dont think he did grandstand - he went ahead with the press conference as planned.

I think we are seeing a turning of the EU now, they are done with us completely.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Reckon the Supreme Court QC for fund manager Gina Miller (who started furiously scribbling notes at that point) said that you don't need to suspend parliament for five weeks due to an impending Queen's Speech. Could be the argument that swings the verdict in the end.

Given that Boris was trying to get an election before Parliament was suspended, it would be a bit pointless for the Queen to announce what her Government had planned for the coming year.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
they weren't challenged. thats the point of highlighting them, they establish a precedent that can be argued is accepted practice. the court needs to weigh that against the other arguments.

Not sure how many of the others in History were portrayed as being just for the purposes of a Queens speech by the PM and possibly involved deceiving the Queen in the asking.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Not sure how many of the others in History were portrayed as being just for the purposes of a Queens speech by the PM and possibly involved deceiving the Queen in the asking.

None of them. We didn't have a Queen in those days.

#pedant

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
It's a landmark day today for The NSC Brexit Thread, as we'll break the 100,000 post mark shortly. As of a little while ago this was the league table for posters on the thread with 1000+ posts on it.

Pretty pink fairy - Posts 3,553
Two Professors - Posts 3,446
The Clamp - Posts 3,445
pastafarian - Posts 3,360
Herr Tubthumper - Posts 3,351
JC Footy Genius - Posts 3,329
ManOfSussex - Posts 3,327
Baldseagull - Posts 3,212
Thunder Bolt - Posts 2,782
WATFORD zero - Posts 2,776
nicko31 - Posts 2,660
Lincoln Imp - Posts 2,376
Westdene Seagull - Posts 2,221
beorhthelm - Posts 1,638
GT49er - Posts 1,574
Plooks - Posts 1,526
Soulman - Posts 1,486
portslade seagull - Posts 1,343
bashlsdir - Posts 1,239
Hampster Gull - Posts 1,219
Garry Nelson's teacher - Posts 1,139
The Rivet - Posts 1,070
Blue Valkyrie - Posts 1,038
Whatever happened to Soulman ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
As are very many remainers, democracy denying imbeciles that have no emotional connection to, or love, of their own country. If you have no overall control of your country then you become subservient to whomever has the power to control you.

I love my country. I love it for being an inclusive, forward-thinking country, which relishes the chance to be a big part of an even bigger part.
You? You just want to step back in time and live on (dubious) past 'glories'.
You have no connection at all with what this country is about, yet you direct the word 'imbeciles' at those that do.
Take a long, hard look at yourself, and see what it is you actually think you are standing for.
Fool.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I love my country. I love it for being an inclusive, forward-thinking country, which relishes the chance to be a big part of an even bigger part.
You? You just want to step back in time and live on (dubious) past 'glories'.
You have no connection at all with what this country is about, yet you direct the word 'imbeciles' at those that do.
Take a long, hard look at yourself, and see what it is you actually think you are standing for.
Fool.

You really have a talent for telling people who the are haven’t you, bravo sir [emoji122]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here