Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Middlesbrough Set To Sue EFL

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Yes you're being a petulant idiot and clearly know nothing about the area. Well, other the constantly reported deprivation for which has been caused by stereotypical contempt for the north, by the south via industrial destruction and lack of investment. Remind me where Brighton is based again? I digress...

Okay bud

Their fans assaulted our players after drawing with us. F**k Boro.

Their players just played for a draw in a clear show of anti-competitiveness in that game, where by that player (can't remember his name) played in children's shin pads, got tackled and then made it out like Stephens brutally attacked him.

But yeah, that 1 point difference made a difference between Boro being promoted or not.....

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
There is literally nothing good about Middlesbrough. I hate that part of England despise the club, am I being petulant? you bet. But that won't stop me from having a strong dislike of them.

There are, indeed, many reasons to dislike Middlesbrough - both the town and club - and the 1-1 draw up there and the behaviour of some of their fans that day are among them. But I'm trying to get over that result, and where we and they are now certainly helps. It took me about 20 years to stop hating Bristol Rovers for the 8-2 under Brian Clough, so I think I'm doing pretty well in the circumstances.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well count me very much IN with the "I despise Middlesbrough and everything about it" brigade. A dreary northern griefhole, with a bunch of ungracious, entitled troglodyte fans, with a shit identikit stadium, a club literally NOBODY is even remotely interested in. Would anyone give a stuff if they completely disappeared off the football map ? Would anyone miss them from the fixture list ? Boro is a fixture to be endured, not embraced. I wish them nothing but the mediocrity they deserve, and not being in the same division as them is always a veritable treat.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Brighton and Hove Albion Holdings Limited. The difference here is that the Albion did not sell the stadium to themselves to book a profit that even Linford Christie would describe as 'impressively large'.

Likewise the Albion didn’t have the capital cost of building a stadium anywhere on their books, no depreciation, no maintenance and no loan costs and for the first few years no rental cost.

We are very lucky :)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well count me very much IN with the "I despise Middlesbrough and everything about it" brigade. A dreary northern griefhole, with a bunch of ungracious, entitled troglodyte fans, with a shit identikit stadium, a club literally NOBODY is even remotely interested in. Would anyone give a stuff if they completely disappeared off the football map ? Would anyone miss them from the fixture list ? Boro is a fixture to be endured, not embraced. I wish them nothing but the mediocrity they deserve, and not being in the same division as them is always a veritable treat.

Now that is EXACTLY the sort of thing I always want to read in the manager's programme notes, rather than the usual "Today we welcome the directors, official and players of..."

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Who?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Yes you're being a petulant idiot and clearly know nothing about the area. Well, other the constantly reported deprivation for which has been caused by stereotypical contempt for the north, by the south via industrial destruction and lack of investment. Remind me where Brighton is based again? I digress...

Whilst I agree with your points about selling your biggest asset to avoid FFP shouldnt be encouraged at all Coventry a prime example of why that can be a bad thing even if it is to "yourself" it isnt officially now part of your club. In my experience the stereotypical contempt of the South from the North is far worse. Brighton is and has been for a considerable length of time above average unemployment and the largest homeless population outside of London. We didnt have mines but a lot of industry closed down that nobody gives a shit about unless its your job during the recession too. For you people the South = London and we are all cockneys.

Middlesbrough are hardly angels when it comes to inventive accounting themselves so they do seem entitled to me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Now that is EXACTLY the sort of thing I always want to read in the manager's programme notes, rather than the usual "Today we welcome the directors, official and players of..."

Infinitely preferable to "these are a very good team..."

I'm with you. Why should programme notes always be POLITE ? What a yawn.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Whilst I agree with your points about selling your biggest asset to avoid FFP shouldnt be encouraged at all Coventry a prime example of why that can be a bad thing even if it is to "yourself" it isnt officially now part of your club. In my experience the stereotypical contempt of the South from the North is far worse. Brighton is and has been for a considerable length of time above average unemployment and the largest homeless population outside of London. We didnt have mines but a lot of industry closed down that nobody gives a shit about unless its your job during the recession too. For you people the South = London and we are all cockneys.

Middlesbrough are hardly angels when it comes to inventive accounting themselves so they do seem entitled to me.
So you're saying you're not all overweight black cab drivers calling every woman sweet'art?

I shouldn't have generalised. Northern contempt stems from the people in power (Usually from the south) showing contempt for the North.

The state of money in football does worry me. I think people are becoming very apathetic about football nowadays and it makes me sad. Sky, BT, money and soulless chairman's are part of this. Along with two seasons of being the lowest scorers in the league that is.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
So you're saying you're not all overweight black cab drivers calling every woman sweet'art?

I shouldn't have generalised. Northern contempt stems from the people in power (Usually from the south) showing contempt for the North.

The state of money in football does worry me. I think people are becoming very apathetic about football nowadays and it makes me sad. Sky, BT, money and soulless chairman's are part of this. Along with two seasons of being the lowest scorers in the league that is.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

That apathy stems from not being one of the twenty clubs that are Premier League teams. Outside the shop with hands pressed against the window.

Middlesbrough are currently outside of the top flight. I think you'll find it hard to find too many Albion supporters on here that are going to shed a tear for Gibson and his devine right to be at the top table of English football. Making appointments such as Woodgate isn't going to help that situation. Pulis' teams are clearly hard work to watch, but at least he can organise a defence.

The late Phil Garside wanted the Premier League to become a closed shop at one stage and pushed for that. Thankfully that didn't happen, as it was self-serving in the extreme. Three up and three down should be set in stone. Fair for all concerned. Especially with the play off's.

Derby have bent the rules. They're no closer to promotion than they were five or six years ago. On the flip-side, I like Mel Morris. Always comes across very well.

Last edited:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Can't see them challenging for promotion this season on last nights showing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Agreed. Cocu looks a tad lost on the touchline. According to one of the Sky match commentators he's got this season as a free hit. Sounds great. Hard to believe that will be the case if they're in the bottom three at the turn of the new year.

As Rosenior is now an assistant coach at Derby, I hope Cocu can turn the corner and they can at least challenge for a play off spot this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here