Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
'Getting Real': We are in a division where in the short term we will always be outspent on wages by probably 15 of the 19 opponents. If we are to compete year on year we need an approach that allows us an advantage. When we were promoted, we tried an approach that sought value from lesser known markets. In Pascal Gross we got a bargain, but some others haven't worked out. Bloom has since brought in Ashworth and then Potter and seems to be trying to accelerate what has always been his stated long term approach: A progression from academy to the first team of players who will be sold on to the big money sides at a profit. Southampton have made millions from this and, if it can be balanced with remaining in this division, it seems the only way of achieving some sort of sustainability. It's not going to be easy and will require that fans toughen up and not have unrealistic expectations.

Yes I agree with all that. I would though like a bit more quality up front though. Burnley will likely hit us with Barnes and Wood. We will likely have Murray and Maupay up front with Connolly to come on. Who would you sooner have ? There needs to be a practical balance.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Couple of things to add that others haven't

Andone was an absolute nightmare at deportivo by the end of his time there. He kicked off massively and accused them of keeping him hostage. He was so disruptive they let him go for a tiny amount Vs what they originally wanted.

In the summer he was all over Instagram stories with his agents talking about plotting his next move. Very disrespectful to a club who pay him millions a year.

I think the club's hands were tied in the end. Similar to locadia.

That first part is wrong he wanted to leave in the summer but they made him stay till the winter window. This backfired because they were relegated and enabled him to use the buyout clause in his contract which is why they got a smaller fee than they wanted. If they hadnt got relegated his release clause was 26 million. This was similar to Gross he also had a buyout clause as his side was relegated that season.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
That first part is wrong he wanted to leave in the summer but they made him stay till the winter window. This backfired because they were relegated and enabled him to use the buyout clause in his contract which is why they got a smaller fee than they wanted. If they hadnt got relegated his release clause was 26 million. This was similar to Gross he also had a buyout clause as his side was relegated that season.
No it's not wrong .... He fell out with the coach during that period and had a stand off whereby he was not selected but pretty much because he was refusing to play.

Ok the release clause meant he went for less but he was still being difficult

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Great decision and one that further strengthens my belief in Graham. He knows exactly who will and won’t fit in with his BHAFC, both on and off the pitch. I’m actually much more confident in a manager who is prepared to make big decisions to fulfil his vision over one who would seek to take the easy option.

We have more than enough attacking options to get us through 15 games until the window opens again.

Maybe but how on earth have we got ourselves in a situation AGAIN where we have to "get through" 15 games to get to another window to sign yet another striker. In GP I trust but it's one hell of a gamble - one or two serious injuries and we are screwed.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What a shame.I'm sure there is a good player behind the behaviour problems.Perhaps he should explore the WWE as an alternative career?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Again not really sure he's that unpopular with squad when he seems pretty matey with them on social media.

I just think he's another arrogant player that thinks he's too good for Brighton and has a divine right to play every game. Its hard to keep everyone happy at a premier league club.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Personally think you’ve nailed it in every comment tonight. He’s got history. Agent and money has turned him it seems and this, coupled with misdemeanours means we’re better getting rid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Connolly will be shadowing Murray everywhere to learn as much as possible in what may well be Glenn's last season - though don't bet against him doing a Bruno and lasting another year

Connolly will also follow GP instructions to the letter

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Connolly will be shadowing Murray everywhere to learn as much as possible in what may well be Glenn's last season - though don't bet against him doing a Bruno and lasting another year

Connolly will also follow GP instructions to the letter

The reason Alzate played right back, and the reason he is being backed by Potter is because GP, like all managers, wants players he can trust, even out of position, any manager does- they want players who will do as the manager asks. It’s easy to get rid of players who don’t do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Quite the risk. Whilst inconsistent, I think Andone has shown enough glimpses of his talent (Palace, Hudders home/away) to warrant staying in the squad. A bit odd that he was chosen ahead of Murray for the Southampton game, and then a week or so later he is shipped out on loan. Maybe something has happened since the red card, or perhaps Potter was giving him his chance against Saints and he blew it?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Great decision and one that further strengthens my belief in Graham. He knows exactly who will and won’t fit in with his BHAFC, both on and off the pitch. I’m actually much more confident in a manager who is prepared to make big decisions to fulfil his vision over one who would seek to take the easy option.

We have more than enough attacking options to get us through 15 games until the window opens again.

If need be, we can always recall Andone in January according to SSN.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Many are now saying how ruthless Potter is. I ask what influence did he have in release of 3 senior players and has he been told must bring in Academy players.

I would hazard a guess that he was told this as part of the interview and he probably replied - yeah i can do that. I suspect part of CH's demise was his inability (willingness) to play youngsters and that was always going to be part of the setup.

I am sad to see him go as a bit of aggression in a player is not such a bad thing but clearly he could not control it.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
unrelated coincidences

GP described as an "excellent fit" for our long term aims

GP making room in squad to bring through young players

we just happen to have around 20 such young players out on loan all at various stages of development or "process" as GP would say

am sure this was never mentioned at interview at all :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here