Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia season-long loan to Hoffenheim

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's obviously no debating he was offside.
There's obviously no debating it was a SHITHOUSE finish, after he'd had getting on for 15 minutes to line it up.

Had enough. Its not worked. Get shot, and give AC his chance on the fringes this season, being as he looks like he MIGHT actually turn out to be a bit of an asset.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1166807574076907520[/tweet]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, I thought I was going mad.
The defenders movement after the header gives the appearance of on side.

I guess I was watching the ball and in the moment after it was flicked noted Big Jurg was 'onside'.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
He was so far offside, one frame was not going to make you right I'm afraid. Hope this helps.

8ae7192f9d799a414455a981045e6dca.jpg

All this picture does is prove just how big Dan Burn is. He is clearly blocking the entire view of the last Southampton defender playing them both onside.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
i may have missed it but anyone else concerned that Burn doesn't seem to understand offside. Despite locadia being offside on this occasion, Burn would have caused a third VAR disallowed goal even if JL had been onside and capable of hitting the onion bag.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
i may have missed it but anyone else concerned that Burn doesn't seem to understand offside. Despite locadia being offside on this occasion, Burn would have caused a third VAR disallowed goal even if JL had been onside and capable of hitting the onion bag.

Is he active/interfering?

However, you may have a point but from a defensive perspective as he played West Ham onside for their goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
i may have missed it but anyone else concerned that Burn doesn't seem to understand offside.
Yep, have a listen to him regarding the disallowed goal. He was surprised he was given offside when he thought it should have been for the foul on the keeper. I find it hard to believe he doesn't understand offside in all its glory, but like you I am beginning to wonder.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Yep, have a listen to him regarding the disallowed goal. He was surprised he was given offside when he thought it should have been for the foul on the keeper. I find it hard to believe he doesn't understand offside in all its glory, but like you I am beginning to wonder.

There has been a goal this seas with VAR in play where a player is in front of the keeper and in an offside position and the goal stood. Can't recall what match it was - the difference being that the player stood still as the shot was taken and was not stood on the keepers toes.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
He better not try standing on Emerson if we win a corner on .Saturday! So fans favourite Burn (3 games) played West Ham onside for their goal, was offside for ours (yes involved in an assist) then against Southampton was so offside for Dunks disallowed goal, would arguably be offside as well if Locadia scored and was ball watching when Redmond scored their second. Small points.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He better not try standing on Emerson if we win a corner on .Saturday! So fans favourite Burn (3 games) played West Ham onside for their goal, was offside for ours (yes involved in an assist) then against Southampton was so offside for Dunks disallowed goal, would arguably be offside as well if Locadia scored and was ball watching when Redmond scored their second. Small points.
In the West Ham game Stephens job on corners was to stand on the keepers toes at corners.
Burn had the job v Southampton.

All very odd in this brave new VAR world.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I doubt it, to be fair. Had Locadia been onside and then smashed it in, there is no way that goal would have been disallowed owing to Burn's position because he is clearly not blocking the keeper's view or ability to block Locadia's shot, thus not interfering with play. But Locadia was offside anyway which - considering he had a clear view of the defensive line - is pretty poor. As for the shot, predictably gash. Absolutely shanked, which is understandable when you've run yourself into the ground over 70 minutes, but isn't good enough when you've only been on for 10 minutes.

Locadia is a flat track bully who would score plenty in the division below as he did in the Dutch league (a similar standard), but is simply not up to it at this level. I'm glad the club has realised it is time to cut its losses. Next up, Andone. He is a better player, a more composed finisher and decent in the air, but a complete liability when he loses is rag and from what I've heard, a bit of a nob. I reckon he's in last chance saloon or he'll be going the same way.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
So Big Jurgs is gash, as is AJ. Andone is a liability and a bit of a nob, Burn doesn't understand the offside rule and Connolly isn't ready for the jump. Who else can we slate in this thread?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
As an instinct striker, the bloke is absolutely sheighthouse.

He must have wasted close to 2 seconds, making a conscious decision to wait for the ball t9 come across his body and take it with his left, when any decent striker would have made an instant calculation and lashed into the roof of the net with their right.

Totally bloody hopeless, always has been at this level, sell for burger meat.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So Big Jurgs is gash, as is AJ. Andone is a liability and a bit of a nob, Burn doesn't understand the offside rule and Connolly isn't ready for the jump. Who else can we slate in this thread?
You, if you like? Tens of people are contributing to this thread, and amazingly they are not all saying the same thing. Here, you've picked up on 2 things I've said (but in one case, only the negative half of what I said) in the post immediately above yours and 2 things posted by other people.

If you don't like reading negative opinion however well articulated or constructed, you're probably best off staying away from it.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

He must have wasted close to 2 seconds, making a conscious decision to wait for the ball t9 come across his body and take it with his left, when any decent striker would have made an instant calculation and lashed into the roof of the net with their right.

imo the clip shows that what you are suggesting was far more difficult than the simplistic way you put it. The ball was high still when on his right side.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Apart from the Connolly comment where the jury's out, which of the above statements is actually untrue?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Something in common with your transfer rumours then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here