Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Someone please explain

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Odd ****er. Whenever he talks about us (rarely) he has an expression on his face like he's stepped in a pile of dogshite with his Sunday best loafers on. Whatever the problem is, he just can't let it go. Droning twonk.

That's his normal facial expression isn't it?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
For the first half of the season we will be an unknown quantity, so we should take advantage of that.
Second half, the other teams will know what to expect.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
About as good at predicting things as Watford zero answers.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
We're around 5/4 for the win so the bookies have either underestimated us or The Stains are playing better than their results. I would personally have made us around 10/11.

The sheer amount of research that goes into bookies studying will be the true odds in all likelihood. But I'm very confident about tomorrow.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We're around 5/4 for the win so the bookies have either underestimated us or The Stains are playing better than their results. I would personally have made us around 10/11.

The sheer amount of research that goes into bookies studying will be the true odds. But I'm very confident about tomorrow.

7/5 on PaddyPower. Breaking my 'rules' and including us in my accy this week :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Odd ****er. Whenever he talks about us (rarely) he has an expression on his face like he's stepped in a pile of dogshite with his Sunday best loafers on. Whatever the problem is, he just can't let it go.
Lucky we can though...

...oh.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I do not want a repeat of last season’s debacle. Having had to catch the train from Southampton with their fans spouting off was bad enough, then having to return with them crowing about how f***ing brilliant they were was too much to bear. A comfortable home win and three points please will do nicely.

It was much the same for me and the Boro doofs. What you come to realize is that some matches mean more to some teams. The Palace match means so much to Albion fans while the Southampton group may feel they need to beat BHA because they are supposed to be better--per the pundits.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
That is a rather negative prediction given the evidence of the season so far, but as others have said, it could happen.

I have to say that it is either amusing or annoying (take you pick) that we are being so little talked about despite our position in the table; drawing rather than winning last week has saved us from some serious over-hyping that would have happened certainly in our fan base and possibly in the wider media too.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
How on earth after a convincing away win, a good draw (should have won) at home can the “expert” that is Mr Lawrenson possibly come to the conclusion that not only will Stains beat us at home and we will not score! I am struggling to see why and how he comes to this assumption :tantrum:

He is not an expert so irrelevant.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Brighton had a great win at Watford but they were quite edgy at home to West Ham. Southampton are a better team than their results are showing and I really like the way their manager Ralph Hasenhuttl approaches games.

I saw Graham Potter's Swansea team play quite a few times last season and they were really good on the ball but it's also about scoring goals. Brighton could struggle to do that against Southampton so I think the Saints will go there and win.

No we weren't. Should have won the game, and restricted them to very few chances

Scored 4 in 2 games, could easily have had 3 or 4 v West Ham, numerous chances created in both games

Unbelievably clueless unfounded analysis by a so-called expert. What a P****

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It could just be that he loves us and it's reverse psychology........or
He tossed a coin ......or
He's just as clueless as any other pundit who have to give a justification to column inches
My take on it is he is not neutral, he'll watch thousands of hours of Liverpool games, but allow the work experience oik to pin the tail on the donkey with us and other lesser teams when it comes to coverage.
We're not top six, we're not worthy

el punal

It was much the same for me and the Boro doofs. What you come to realize is that some matches mean more to some teams. The Palace match means so much to Albion fans while the Southampton group may feel they need to beat BHA because they are supposed to be better--per the pundits.

Absolutely spot on. Geography is everything in football. Living down here in Hampshire Albion’s fixtures against Southampton and Bournemouth are as significant as the matches against Palace - perhaps more so, (or maybe not!). Either way it’s high time we beat Saints and Boscombe. Tomorrow would do for starters.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
How on earth after a convincing away win, a good draw (should have won) at home can the “expert” that is Mr Lawrenson possibly come to the conclusion that not only will Stains beat us at home and we will not score! I am struggling to see why and how he comes to this assumption :tantrum:

very strange indeed. they may well beat us, but to predict a 2-0 home defeat? strange!

"Roy Hodgson's team are in danger of becoming known as 'Crystal Palace nil' ".

Simple. Because he's a tosser.

Oh c'mon, people only read his predictions for a laugh anyway.

Lawro, like most pundits and fans, has no idea what he's talking about. If anyone could successfully pick the right results each week, let alone the scores, they'd be banned from bookies up and down the country.

Absolutely spot on. Geography is everything in football. Living down here in Hampshire Albion’s fixtures against Southampton and Bournemouth are as significant as the matches against Palace - perhaps more so, (or maybe not!). Either way it’s high time we beat Saints and Boscombe. Tomorrow would do for starters.

???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here