Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Feel today could be a pivotal game in our season. Win and it's 7 from 9 and we're flying. Lose and its 1 win, 1 draw, 1 defeat and the trend is downwards with City next. Clearly, it's too early to draw any real conclusion from three games but there was such a feelgood factor last week matched by a decent performance that a win today could mark a turning point, then again I could be over thinking it:D

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks to last nights football I've realised I've always conflated Danny Ings and Tyrone Mings.

It's not so obviously bad as I think they're both shite, but my derision at Tyrone for his lack of goal scoring prowess could be seen as harsh.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Pre match lunch with the boy. Pizza for both of us, IPA for me, water for him. He reckons they’ll score and will look to get Redmond in behind our wingbacks but we’ll have too much going forward and win 3-1. I’d be happy with that though have it much more cautiously as a draw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Pre match lunch with the boy. Pizza for both of us, IPA for me, water for him. He reckons they’ll score and will look to get Redmond in behind our wingbacks but we’ll have too much going forward and win 3-1. I’d be happy with that though have it much more cautiously as a draw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defending higher up the pitch means we play higher up the pitch, but it does leave space for threaded through balls for quick forwards with good movement, much as Hernandez proved last week.
Southampton have some good forward players (Redmond, Ings, Hojbjerg -- perhaps Adams) but their defenders especially CBs (Vestergaard is dreadful) really aren't up to much.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
[MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] is like the 12th man. We should petition the club to do something similar to that tinpot thing that Reading do on their official team sheets.

“12th man - Dick Head”

:blush:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

Genuinely mate. You’ve been reliably landing these threads for about four seasons, without fail. I voted for you at the NSC awards dinner. Absolutely criminal you haven’t been honoured yet. I’m assuming you’ll be up for the lifetime achievement award soon.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
6E0176A7-FED2-4CFA-BC01-7E684E7A1532.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here