Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Youssef En-Nesyri

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I like the sound of this and fancy the lad more than Maupay. As it happens I'm in Morocco now, and I had a run-in with a snake charmer yesterday. He WAS shitehouse.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Though if an offer was accepted I think we would know. I suspect he wants to play in the premier league and they’re asking for more money

That’s my guess as well. Ironically probably because he’s a footballer and we’re probably going to pay him more money. Unless his brother comes out and says it was always his dream growing up in Morocco to play for the Albion of course...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I heard he's got family who are Albion season ticket holders and they think we're shitehouse.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But 20m Euros is the release payment according to that first post, so how could they ask for more?

Can a player turn down a release clause that he presumably negotiated?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Though if an offer was accepted I think we would know. I suspect he wants to play in the premier league and they’re asking for more money

The €20M fee is a release clause, so there's not much negotiating to be done. Given that the only disagreement we've had with Leganes is over the structure of the payments (according to the original report), it seems a bit odd for him to kick up a fuss about Leganes not accepting the offer when the reason they haven't is so uncomplicated, merely a technicality and should be fairly quick to remedy. Therefore leading me to think that he just doesn't want to leave

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
My guess is that there are maybe some bigger clubs who are interested in him, but at a lower price. His club are holding out for the minimum fee in his release clause. We will meet it, but the other (bigger) suiters won't. So he ends up being allowed to talk to us, but not allowed to talk to another club perhaps he would prefer to sign for given the option.

That's just a guess obviously.

Stumpy Tim

The €20M fee is a release clause, so there's not much negotiating to be done. Given that the only disagreement we've had with Leganes is over the structure of the payments (according to the original report), it seems a bit odd for him to kick up a fuss about Leganes not accepting the offer when the reason they haven't is so uncomplicated, merely a technicality and should be fairly quick to remedy. Therefore leading me to think that he just doesn't want to leave

Just replied on this... our posts must have crossed

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008

I think that's a very good argument. However, the player doesn't have to leave, even if the asking price/release clause had been met. He could simply see out his contract (or negotiate a better one) in the club that he's already tied to. A player in contract can't be forced to move to another club against his will.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I think that's a very good argument. However, the player doesn't have to leave, even if the asking price/release clause had been met. He could simply see out his contract (or negotiate a better one) in the club that he's already tied to. A player in contract can't be forced to move to another club against his will.

Think we'll just have to let this one play out, on the assumption that he wouldn't join if he didn't want to. And I actually doubt Potter would sign him if he didn't

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Think we'll just have to let this one play out, on the assumption that he wouldn't join if he didn't want to. And I actually doubt Potter would sign him if he didn't

Agreed. No way we'd sign him if he didn't want to be here.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is there confirmed reports it us who have made the bid?

Think we'll just have to wait for our Brian in the morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here