Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Water canons are the answer

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm glad you understand it. So you accept that it wasn't me then, but are not big enough to admit you confused me with someone else's comments ? Does this say something ?

No I was correct. I’m happy to live with the fact you disagree.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think I'm with [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] here. Humans are in real trouble, and while I think there will still be humans around in a hundred years, I'm not convinced there will be anywhere near as many, and in 500 years I think there will be a lot less.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Sorry, how has the top 1% owning 45% of the World's wealth benefitted me personally?

where did i say that is has? the products and services of companies have.

A society can still be provided with products and services without creating such wealth disparity.

No I was correct. I’m happy to live with the fact you disagree.

Despite the evidence. Unbelievable. I think the gentlemen you were conversing with are quoted above, but of course your memory believes it was me.

I'll leave you to the last word (just the way you like it).

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Despite the evidence. Unbelievable. I think the gentlemen you were conversing with are quoted above, but of course your memory believes it was me.

Edited

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

And my last word is... Sorry.

I did get the wrong person.

You’re quite right and I apologise. I’m the idiot here. Full apologies.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I don't care what background climate activists come from. If the planet goes, we all go, middle class, working class, upper class. It's irrelevant. Literally cannot believe the original post is serious. Good on you, Greta Thunberg.

I thought that Greta was amazingly impressive when interviewed on R4 earlier in the week. However, she said that it is pointless meeting Trump because he doesn't believe in the science and she seems to be focusing on Europe when the real issue is with major polluters such as India, China and, of course, the US.

Yes, we can all do our bit recycling, cutting down on use of plastics, driving electric cars but in the general scheme of things whatever we do as individuals or as a country is not going to have any significant impact unless the major polluters in the world are on board. And nothing I have read or heard suggests that they give a toss.

And although there will hopefully be huge protests against Trump when he visits I can't see them having any impact on his views on climate change. He is just too ****ing thick. (And well done Mother May for inviting that useless ****wit in the first place. I bet HM is well chuffed.)

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
If we do it and show the world its possible they will follow. Don't use the "there are worse places than us" excuse to do nothing.

If all the little countries, say in Europe, bandied together and formed a group, call it a union, that had the ability to pressurise and influence the larger countries, by way for example of trade and tariffs, into taking action....nah, that'd never catch on.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
The question: How to rid London's streets of the idiot demonstrators? Giving them a bloody good soaking would very quickly send them packing. Boris had the right idea. Why they were never used I cannot understand. Alternatively, in the case of Waterloo Bridge for example, fence them in. A fence at either end of the bridge and no one is allowed in or out. No food, no potty breaks, no water. They'd pretty quickly lose interest. With so many good ideas, I really should be running the country.

These demonstrators are wasting their times and causing undue problems to those who are trying to work or picking up their children from school this country adds very little to the overall situation,when China is opening more and more coal burning stations,may be these people should visit China in which case we wont have to put up with them for much longer.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Makes me laugh all these lefties love to disrupt and protest and a lot from on here, yet the minute I or a few other protest about Hughton shite football on Nsc they are all up arms.

No respect shown there.

The same lefties will say there isn't enough police on the street in London, so why are these fools wasting the police resources and potentially missing bigger crimes like stabbings.
Rubber bullets, that should be eco-friendly enough for them if they are made from recycled car tyres.

**please note that isn't all lefties** :moo:

In the decades to come climate change and everything that brings will make no distinction between rich or poor. Its the children of today that will inherit a toxic planet with greatly reduced resources because people like you just wanted to consume and be selfish today. F All to do with your thoughts on this club. In a future climate change world there will be no club!

D

Deleted member 22389

In the decades to come climate change and everything that brings will make no distinction between rich or poor. Its the children of today that will inherit a toxic planet with greatly reduced resources because people like you just wanted to consume and be selfish today. F All to do with your thoughts on this club. In a future climate change world there will be no club!

I'm personally more concerned with over population and the impact that is having on our environment and the areas we live in now. The need for more and more new housing, the extra traffic that creates on our small roads leading to more congestion and extra car fumes. The need for more water, gas, electric, the extra rubbish that gets generated, none of it is good. The world's population will just keep on growing, and people will just consume more.

D

Deleted member 2719

Look here, I have kids and I am not selfish, my kids always come first.

When I view anything I always look at the bigger picture in the future as far as I can see, but I also look in the NOW.

There is Corbyn, a man who openly admits that he would not be prepared to push the nuclear button if needed, the danger of me and my family could just be days away if he was to get in.

How do you make out I want to just consume?

So far from the mark, I am frugal, I don't overeat, we grow our own veg, I buy only want I need too, etc

Most of these left views are bourne from jealousness of anyone that earns more, just get on with it.

I was wondering do you fly when going on holiday, do you consume more than needed, do you even have kids/grandchildren?

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm personally more concerned with over population and the impact that is having on our environment and the areas we live in now. The need for more and more new housing, the extra traffic that creates on our small roads leading to more congestion and extra car fumes. The need for more water, gas, electric, the extra rubbish that gets generated, none of it is good. The world's population will just keep on growing, and people will just consume more.

Exactly this I was going to same the same!

Limit family sizes.

I would go one step further and cull anyone who tries to disrupt on a repeated basis.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Erm, you have just described man made climate change. That’s what is being protested about. It’s just some people think a little further than the end of their road.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
These demonstrators are wasting their times and causing undue problems to those who are trying to work or picking up their children from school this country adds very little to the overall situation,when China is opening more and more coal burning stations,may be these people should visit China in which case we wont have to put up with them for much longer.

They’re demonstrating globally. In over 80 cities. The U.K. has its part to play too. We all do. Just because you drop a sweet wrapper and your neighbour drops two sweet wrappers , doesn’t mean you shouldn’t both bend down and pick them up.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017

When I view anything I always look at the bigger picture in the future as far as I can see, but I also look in the NOW.

There is Corbyn, a man who openly admits that he would not be prepared to push the nuclear button if needed, the danger of me and my family could just be days away if he was to get in.

So far from the mark, I am frugal, I don't overeat, we grow our own veg, I buy only want I need too, etc

Most of these left views are bourne from jealousness of anyone that earns more, just get on with it.

I was wondering do you fly when going on holiday, do you consume more than needed, do you even have kids/grandchildren?

Ive not been on holiday or been on a plane for 3 years. I stopped eating red meat/pork 4 years ago. I have a hybrid car and my company car is also a hybrid. Its inevitable that we all consume more than we should and Ive made cuts where I can including being rather anal about recycling. I have 2 children and Ive asked them not to have children because of what is likely to come. This has FA about Corbyn and everything to do with what the whole world does not just the UK. You sound like a Daily Mail reader.. Unfortunately I suspect your too stupid to have read anything of any real world fact.

If people don't protest (a democratic right!!) then would the government and business pay any attention?

As for Corbyn.. If he pressed the nuclear button then what happens next? If you had any idea about what happens in a nuclear conflict you would know that the UK nuclear arsenal is insignificant. A 20 megaton blast's firestorm would cover nearly 2500 square miles.. basically the whole of the UK would be gone. So have a sit down, a cup of tea and put yourself in the position of whoever can press the nuclear button and consider whether you would press first.

So you have children.. Perhaps sit down with them and talk about the environment and how multi nationals are exploiting natural resources for financial gain regardless of the impact they make. Have a talk about the rainforests in Brazil... or about how many animals are coming closer and closer to extinction. Your actually right about world populations.. But your suggestion of "culling" any repeat offenders stinks a lot of the kind of stuff the Nazis did in WW2.. Suspect your a Tommy Robinson/Katie Hopkins fan boy!

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Judging by the OP's previous threads I've seen, he should turn a water cannon on himself in a attempt to wash away the stench of constant Trolling.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Hang on, I just want to be sure I'm reading this right: are you saying that these people, protesting for our planet, are doing so because some people (maybe) earn money more than they do? Or were you making a more sweeping generalisation that "the left" as an entity is jealous of rich folk?

Genuinely a bit confused. Either way it's nonsense :shrug:

D

Deleted member 2719

Ive not been on holiday or been on a plane for 3 years. I stopped eating red meat/pork 4 years ago. I have a hybrid car and my company car is also a hybrid. Its inevitable that we all consume more than we should and Ive made cuts where I can including being rather anal about recycling. I have 2 children and Ive asked them not to have children because of what is likely to come. This has FA about Corbyn and everything to do with what the whole world does not just the UK. You sound like a Daily Mail reader.. Unfortunately I suspect your too stupid to have read anything of any real world fact.

If people don't protest (a democratic right!!) then would the government and business pay any attention?

As for Corbyn.. If he pressed the nuclear button then what happens next? If you had any idea about what happens in a nuclear conflict you would know that the UK nuclear arsenal is insignificant. A 20 megaton blast's firestorm would cover nearly 2500 square miles.. basically the whole of the UK would be gone. So have a sit down, a cup of tea and put yourself in the position of whoever can press the nuclear button and consider whether you would press first.

So you have children.. Perhaps sit down with them and talk about the environment and how multi nationals are exploiting natural resources for financial gain regardless of the impact they make. Have a talk about the rainforests in Brazil... or about how many animals are coming closer and closer to extinction. Your actually right about world populations.. But your suggestion of "culling" any repeat offenders stinks a lot of the kind of stuff the Nazis did in WW2.. Suspect your a Tommy Robinson/Katie Hopkins fan boy!

Okay, so your summary is I am an idiot, which means I have low intelligence.

Wrong.

I am actually in the top 3% for logical reasoning and in the gifted scale when it comes to IQ.

So to believe I actually meant shoot these people makes you somewhat low on intellect, I mean to kick them up the arse off the streets if they repeatedly offend bang them up with a nice bit of porridge.

Hang on, I just want to be sure I'm reading this right: are you saying that these people, protesting for our planet, are doing so because some people (maybe) earn money more than they do? Or were you making a more sweeping generalisation that "the left" as an entity is jealous of rich folk?

Genuinely a bit confused. Either way it's nonsense :shrug:

Okay so it is a generalisation but hey look at what Stewart said about me, Robinson/Hopkins, he is so wide of the mark.

It's just that the far left just do my head in which makes me appear more right than I am, according to a politics test I sit roughly on the Merkel side, but I do love a bit of Mogg and Farage.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here