Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But he is mitigating any chance of having less access to EU markets by moving to Singapore, correct?

And after championing Brexit / No Deal, right?
Yep, it looks pretty scummy. He argues that it's because they need better access to the Asian market. Maybe that's true, but either way it looks dodgy.

But that's not what I was pulling TB up on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep, it looks pretty scummy. He argues that it's because they need better access to the Asian market. Maybe that's true, but either way it looks dodgy.

But that's not what I was pulling TB up on.

You were not pulling me up on it. You were being pedantic about a deal which hasn't been agreed yet, but the vast majority of people think will not happen.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The real project fear.

what is to fear (unless Greek)? isnt it about time we accepted Euro, driving on the right, progression to EU army, common defense and foreign policy? i dont jest, if we remain why wouldn't we want to accept further integration.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The part where we would join the european army and suddenly start national service. Completely made up project fear statement.

Really Plooks, you need to learn to read. I haven't said that at all have I ? Feel free to quote where I have.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You were not pulling me up on it. You were being pedantic about a deal which hasn't been agreed yet, but the vast majority of people think will not happen.
No, I was pulling you up on it. Don't claim it as fact that we won't have a free trade agreement with the EU, when we don't yet know what we'll get.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The threat that if we join the eu army I would get called up. You clearly imply it without outright stating it. Just mote project fear.

I asked you if you were sure ...... and then provided you the stats of how it was currently. I didn't say national sevice would happen .... that's just your over active mind. So I'll ask again, are you sure there will be no national service to an EU army ? It's a simple yes or no answer. After all, remainers like you claimed there were wouldn't be an EU army ..... how strange that Macron and Merkel disagree with you. Of course remainers could have lied ..... they wouldn't have done that would they ?

D

Deleted member 22389

Well I just did the application for my mum and she is being considered for settled status. The decision can take up to 60 days. It was pretty straightforward using the app.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
what is to fear (unless Greek)? isnt it about time we accepted Euro, driving on the right, progression to EU army, common defense and foreign policy? i dont jest, if we remain why wouldn't we want to accept further integration.

We have a choice. These things are not compulsory because we can veto them. It's called having sovereignty.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
We have a choice. These things are not compulsory because we can veto them. It's called having sovereignty.

You keep stating this but I think you misunderstand our veto rights. We have veto rights in some areas - not all. For example, we do not have a veto over any EU regulations - they are passed on qualified majority voting only - nobody can veto them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This government, who don't have a majority, and only governs due to a bribe to the DUP, is trying to ride roughshod over Parliament. So much for democracy.

[tweet]1088091342025252864[/tweet]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You keep stating this but I think you misunderstand our veto rights. We have veto rights in some areas - not all. For example, we do not have a veto over any EU regulations - they are passed on qualified majority voting only - nobody can veto them.

I said these things whilst quoting those things. Those things were not EU regulations.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'll take that as a "I don't know what I'm talking about" :)

I should take it as 'I haven't got the faintest idea what you are on about,as you don't appear to have either.'

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes. We don't yet know if that will be better than had they stayed here.

This really isn't complicated.

:laugh: Oh Trig , Trig, Trig. The very fact they have a deal makes it better than anything we have.
We may have a better free trade deal with the EU?! hahahahaha. You are gold. Sheer gold.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Why?

More idle threats of RIOTS in the streets?

Ooh no, not this Sailor, just pointing out that if democracy is overturned and We do remain part of the European super state it stands to reason does it not? Ver Hofstadt has called for a European army, The Germans and the French are rushing to oblige, therefore all the “Brexit stole my future “merchants could well be amassing on the Russian front sooner than We think.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No, I was pulling you up on it. Don't claim it as fact that we won't have a free trade agreement with the EU, when we don't yet know what we'll get.
You're wrong. You pulled her up for agreeing with [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] that Dyson's move to Singapore will maintain access to the EU via the free trade deal in place.

He originally said this, which was then supported by [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION]:

His company is now registered in Singapore. Singapore has a free trade deal with the EU. Dyson will have access to that free trade deal.

But this was how you responded to The Thunderbolt:

If you say so.

So do you understand now that it's wrong to claim that Dyson will definitely have more access to European markets from Singapore than from the UK?

That's not you pulling her up for claiming "it as fact that we won't have a free trade agreement with the EU, when we don't yet know what we'll get". That's you arguing the toss over whether or not Dyson will benefit by moving to Singapore, and you are wrong anyway. Of course Dyson will benefit - they are a business and like any business, they hate uncertainty. We (the UK) don't know what trade deals we'll end up sharing with the EU or Singapore, nor how long it'll take. In the meantime, it makes perfect sense for businesses to cut out uncertainty where possible.

I don't know why you have to argue with every little detail of every single post. Clearly the point being made was that a move to Singapore benefits Dyson with respect to both the Asian markets AND Europe. The fact that we don't know what is yet to be negotiated is neither here nor there because a) it won't get any better for Dyson than the free trade deal that they have with the EU by definition, and b) any trade negotiations will take months, if not years.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What ARE you tripping on!?

Now that I have more time to play (school run done),that was a theoretical question.Oh,sorry,I meant I was playing a game of 'What If....'.If France and Germany (you know,those quite big countries not far away) decided they needed the troops and aircraft committed to NATO operations,for a different operation.Let's say,for example,Boko Haram and IS in the Magreb,decided to build the new Caliphate in Mali.Who decides where those forces go?NATO or the EU?Or perhaps the United Nations.Maybe we could have a World referendum?Do you think the EU should withdraw from NATO?Do you think at all?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here