Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I agree. In an earlier post I put "But the thing that puzzles me is that it often seems as though he has set off on the wrong foot, or in slightly the wrong direction and then appears rather ungainly when subsequently sorting his feet out - so you feel that he's not quite in control." Which is, I think the same as what you are saying.

Very well put, just as Murray is quick over 5 yards and painfully slow anything over 10, Jurgen seems to be the complete opposite :shrug:

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Thought he had a great game. He clearly can't play up top on his own, but coming in from the left he always looked like he could make something happen and he showed great vision with his passes and layoffs.

A centre forward being played on the left of midfield. Number 9 on his back and lambasted by a vocal minority. That could never happen at BHA.

Coxovi

NSC Patreon
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Since you like my post so much you have now quoted it five times, would you like to know where it comes from? Clue: it is a quote from a character called Spud Gun. No cheeky googling, now :rolleyes::lolol:

I first heard this joke from a US comedian, Anderson I think. Was in response to a small child telling his parents in a whiny voice "I am going to have a mohawk with a spike through my head" (after his older brother shows him pictures of his parents as punks).

He could have lifted it from somewhere else of course.

Coxovi

NSC Patreon
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
It did look as if, in the first 30 min, he was being overlooked for passes when they were on. As someone else mentioned, it might well be that his teammates were not quite sure of him as a target either after his previous appearances. However as the game went on he increasingly became a target (the cross field balls from Stephens and Pröpper were fantastic), and he really seemed to grow into it. Like others I hope he keeps the shirt and uses this as a springboard. Can he be in the starting 11 when all are fit I have no idea, but seeing him vs Arsenal I think now it is possible. I did not before witnessing that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It did look as if, in the first 30 min, he was being overlooked for passes when they were on. As someone else mentioned, it might well be that his teammates were not quite sure of him as a target either after his previous appearances. However as the game went on he increasingly became a target (the cross field balls from Stephens and Pröpper were fantastic), and he really seemed to grow into it. Like others I hope he keeps the shirt and uses this as a springboard. Can he be in the starting 11 when all are fit I have no idea, but seeing him vs Arsenal I think now it is possible. I did not before witnessing that.

His running off the ball is top class. Saw it in his appearances last season and several times at Bournemouth he was moving into a decent position but didn’t get picked out. Think you’re spot on......as time passes the rest are cottoning on to his runs. He’s a Baldock upgrade.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
His running off the ball is top class. Saw it in his appearances last season and several times at Bournemouth he was moving into a decent position but didn’t get picked out. Think you’re spot on......as time passes the rest are cottoning on to his runs. He’s a Baldock upgrade.

He's an upgrade on a player who never got so much as a sniff when we got into the PL? Oh well, well worth £15M then! :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I first heard this joke from a US comedian, Anderson I think. Was in response to a small child telling his parents in a whiny voice "I am going to have a mohawk with a spike through my head" (after his older brother shows him pictures of his parents as punks).

He could have lifted it from somewhere else of course.

Bottom. Not sure which episode, but it would probably be the 'raise the devil' episode. I liked the quip so much I have used it in 'real life' a few times. It never goes down well :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Very good first half. He is making a big difference to the number of bodies we’re getting forward when attacking with his eagerness to get in to the box from the wing, something we don’t get from the other wingers.

Putting in a real shift too.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hardly ranted, just expressing my opinion and then batted away all the sneers and jeers that followed. And I’m still flying despite the flak thank you as a true Ace does! :)

Are you ready to be a man and admit that Locadia IS A GOOD PLAYER and that you criminally judged him on way too little game time?

Are you willing to admit you’ll give foreign players more of a chance to settle in the future before you write them off?

Or do you need more evidence than the last three games? [emoji1787]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here