Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert and depression

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Marvin Sordell at Burton recently gave a similar interview

He suggested top clubs should all have full time counsellors - makes a lot of sense to me

Cost of this compared to player wages and transfer fees makes it a bit of a no brainer to me

Photo of CH and AK grinning after Monday's game whilst walking across pitch together is what "together" is all about at BHA

Interesting that both Sidwell and Rosenoir said hardest part of retiring is mental part even when know is right decision

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
As hard as that must have been for Knocky, it is an uplifting story that makes me proud of our club. Really like the view of Bruno the advisor and Hughton the godfather. Fits with my vision of how the club works. Thanks for sharing.

Good on him for speaking out and im really happy for him. Something was clearly wrong at Everton last year and would surely have been identified by the medical staff. But make no error, the modern day top league player wants for nothing and is offered much, I know little of depression and more of PTSD or PTSS, so real care needs to be taken around this area, but lets have the old knocky back.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Sounds like there are a few posting on this thread that have gone through, or are going through similar situations. Not sure if it would be a good idea to have a thread set up to drop in on and just open up, or speak up on. Not sure how to word it correctly. It could be a private thread. Not sure if Bozza could set up something. Could help just to go on and have someone to talk to. I could be talking a load of old bollocks. Just a thought.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Get over it, Knocky. It's known as life and it's made up of smooth bits and rough bits. Dealing with the rough bits is part of life and doesn't require a public outpouring of grief.

Goldstone has been infracted for this.

Whenever there’s a potential challenge to his position of NSC’s biggest turd in the cesspit, you can guarantee he will come up with a post of bigotry, ignorance, stupidity or inhumanity to ensure he keeps the crown.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Goldstone has been infracted for this.

Whenever there’s a potential challenge to his position of NSC’s biggest turd in the cesspit, you can guarantee he will come up with a post of bigotry, ignorance, stupidity or inhumanity to ensure he keeps the crown.

Full marks to him for staying power. Most of the other spiteful NSC bigots from the noughties disappeared (or came back with a new username?). He's been slagging off individuals and minorities for decades.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Sounds like there are a few posting on this thread that have gone through, or are going through similar situations. Not sure if it would be a good idea to have a thread set up to drop in on and just open up, or speak up on. Not sure how to word it correctly. It could be a private thread. Not sure if Bozza could set up something. Could help just to go on and have someone to talk to. I could be talking a load of old bollocks. Just a thought.

Good idea. I think it pretty much exists already here: http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...blems/page58&highlight=Mental+health+problems

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here