Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Old people squabbling

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Now, I'm 57, so a youngster but I do feel there's a few in the generation of just retired people, say 70+, who for whatever reason have carried on this feeling that the World owes them something. To them most teenagers are druggies or robbers, those in further education are work shy and they can't possibly understand why people of 30+ haven't bothered to purchase their own home. They are the privileged generation, they benefited from so much from the UK over the last 40 years, and especially the 80's and 90's.

Yes, they have earnt their retirement, and good luck to them but their focus on the perceived weakness of other people is precisely what they project, intolerance, rudeness and a sense of self importance. If the young are rude or selfish it could be because that's what we've taught them as adults, we moved away from the seen but not heard Victorian approach we want children to be more confident and fend for themselves so when they do so see it as progress not rudeness.

I couldn't even try to recount the amount of times my lad has held a door open only for a elderly person to walk through without any form of acknowledgement, so what does that teach him, **** it, I won't bother next time. Just because we're older it doesn't grant us any special rights or privileges, if we do get offered a seat or someone holds a door, ensure they feel special and valued. We reap what we sow.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
More or less agree with this, but Moi? Hey I'm 70 and not in the least bit grumpy; well, not very often in public! I do grump at the telly and some people's idiocy though.
My old man is almost 102 and he is really grumpy. I said to my wife that if I get anything like him, just take me to Switzerland!:clap:

If you get really grumpy, you want to go skiing ? ???

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
My two pennies worth

1/ whenever I’ve given my seat up for an old boy or girl on the bus they tend to just shuffle into place without a thank you, nod of acknowledgement etc. I don’t expect it but it wouldn’t go a a miss.

2/ why oh why do I stand 10 people deep in a queue at the coop on a Saturday morning only to notice that the folk in front of me are all elderly? They’ve had all week to do their shopping!

That is so true! When I worked in supermarkets, they always complained about the queues too!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
My two pennies worth

2/ why oh why do I stand 10 people deep in a queue at the coop on a Saturday morning only to notice that the folk in front of me are all elderly? They’ve had all week to do their shopping!

Retired people should not be allowed to go shopping at weekends or after 5pm.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I work in Steyning and so are surrounded by oldies. I hear constant bickering in the high street and car parks. Its quite funny seeing a window into their lives and how trivial everything is and how really important it is at the same time.

And they cant park.

and they are rude in the Co-op

Yes, sorry about that.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Haven't read the thread but isn't old people squabbling the very definition of NSC???

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It would appear to be just as popular to get wankered everyday until the body gives up, my local is full of partying retirees 7 days a week, out,for a run a while back I saw a couple (guessing60's) on a balCony with coffees, and a big spliff. It was 10am Sunday. Morning, I could smell if from 20 yards!

I was thinking of Dignitas!:lolol:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Being an OAP I have noticed the days of people giving up a seat on a bus for OAPs seem to have vanished and you rarely see anybody under 30 give up their seat as it is usually those in their 50s that do. What really gets me is a young mum in 30s with a couple of young children sitting in 3 seats and she not asking them to budge up using the line she has bought them a ticket.

A usual complete bollocks

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The older you are, the more frustration and resentment get stored up waiting for an outlet
. That's my experience, anyway. I'm still seething about Joe Kinnear's backpass at Millwall on Good Friday 1976.

3-1 to them and Fred binned scored?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here