Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What's More Likely? We Stay 13th Forever? Or Move Up The Table? Or Down?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
5 of our remaining 8 homes games are against teams below us. Only Man City from the top 6. Only 6 away games left. I think we will end up finishing 13th as it happens. For which I will be delighted!

In other words, five of our 8 home games are against teams who will be battling desperately for points. Of these, Burnley, Southampton and Newcastle are improving, while Cardiff will fight hard because Neil Warnock's teams always do. Huddersfield usually prove awkward customers. We've already proved we can lose to anyone away from home. For a while I've been thinking that we need four wins to see us safe but I'm beginning to wonder where they might come from.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
In other words, five of our 8 home games are against teams who will be battling desperately for points. Of these, Burnley, Southampton and Newcastle are improving, while Cardiff will fight hard because Neil Warnock's teams always do. Huddersfield usually prove awkward customers. We've already proved we can lose to anyone away from home. For a while I've been thinking that we need four wins to see us safe but I'm beginning to wonder where they might come from.

£10 to REMF says we don’t go within 3 points of the relegation zone. Some of the bed wetting over a bad result is amazing. Our home form is fantastic and will see us through easily enough.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Can see us moving down.

We've got a good team, the best I've known as an Albion fan, but we need to be more creative - create and more importantly take more chances.

We need to be more confident in both possession and without it.

It's difficult to say what we're missing - but whatever it is, if we had it, we would be moving up the table.

we won't move up on Saturday, we're 4 points behind the team above us.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

You have to go back to March 2018 for the last time we lost to a side outside the top 6 at home.

I think we'll pick up at least 4 wins, 4 draws of our last 14 games.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Murray will go on another run over the next 2 months. Scoring for fun against weaker opposition.
We'll stay 13th /14th for the rest of the season

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
For the rest of your life, all we can look forward to is 11-14th in the premier every year

No cups, no challenge for the top 4!, no relegation battles.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
1 win since Palace is probs why people are worried.

Yes, but it’s worth remembering that we’ve only had 4 home games in that run, and 3 of them were against big 6 sides. We’ve won 4, drawn 2 and lost 0 of our home games against non top six this season, and now we’ve got 7 of them to play at home in the next 14.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
1 win since Palace is probs why people are worried.

But more points accumulated since then than expected (on the predictor thingy). It was always going to be tough run of fixtures.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
11th for me, top of the bottom half.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
3 or 4 weeks ago I was looking up the table, looking to see which of the teams above us we might catch on match day if we won and other results went our way. That was when we were in division 2 of the PL. Now we are cut off and relegated from that division, and instead sit precariously at the head of PL division 3.
Some of the teams in division 3 are showing signs of improvement too - Burnley, Palarse and Newcastle in particular. Some have achieved results against teams against whom we only aspire to keeping the score down to 1 or 2-0. I think we will do well now to avoid slipping further down than about 15th.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
3 or 4 weeks ago I was looking up the table, looking to see which of the teams above us we might catch on match day if we won and other results went our way. That was when we were in division 2 of the PL. Now we are cut off and relegated from that division, and instead sit precariously at the head of PL division 3.
Some of the teams in division 3 are showing signs of improvement too - Burnley, Palarse and Newcastle in particular. Some have achieved results against teams against whom we only aspire to keeping the score down to 1 or 2-0. I think we will do well now to avoid slipping further down than about 15th.

That is an extremely good point.

The comments before the Man City game was let's hope we don't get hit for a cricket score...yet palace, who we all think are shit, won up there. Also the comments after the Chelsea game....oh we played well to keep them down ...and we couldn't have a go at them as they would rip us apart......really, does anyone think Bournemouth thought that when they ripped Chelsea a new one this week?

We all know this is hughton's tactics, but at times, it does show that if you really want it, it is worth going for it.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
A gradual decline and end up loitering outside the bottom three, thankful for our first half of the season where everyone else was gash. They are now improving and we have lost confidence going to get ugly.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Agree with this and complacency seems to be setting in throughout the club, Barbers interview on Talksport yesterday backed this up when he said we don't need to strengthen our squad, we did alll our business in the summer. I don't know Mr Barber but why do most clubs always appear to want to improve their squads, no matter how strong they are.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That is an extremely good point.

The comments before the Man City game was let's hope we don't get hit for a cricket score...yet palace, who we all think are shit, won up there. Also the comments after the Chelsea game....oh we played well to keep them down ...and we couldn't have a go at them as they would rip us apart......really, does anyone think Bournemouth thought that when they ripped Chelsea a new one this week?

We all know this is hughton's tactics, but at times, it does show that if you really want it, it is worth going for it.

Bournemouth are Chelsea's bogey team. They beat them 3-0 last season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here