Because if it's not love,
Then it's Bar-ber,
That will bring us together*

*To whine about a decision we don't like

(with apologies to Morrissey & Marr)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Anyway... how about a proper coffee/hot drinks stall outside the ground?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I am surprised there are still hot foods and drinks being sold on the concourses and in the lounges.

Surely they should be banned for health and safety reason as hots foods and drinks can burn your hands/ mouth/tongue/throat?

Many years ago (2000 I think it was) I was forced to resorting to buy a Pot Noodle at Deepdale (no chippies anywhere near). They would only pour lukewarm water rather than boiling on it - because of the 'danger'. Result was possibly the worst pile of disgusting sludge I have ever eaten. I have never bought food at a match since (although I did have a quite pleasant free pie they gave us at St James' last year).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyway... how about a proper coffee/hot drinks stall outside the ground?

The one outside the West stand does good coffee, and up until now it's been ok to take the cups into the ground. Much better than the instant crap the kiosks inside have.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
If taking ones own food is permitted in the stands then a simple way of circumventing the flask ban would be to employ the file in the cake method commonly employed by the wives or girlfriends of old lags planning on doing a prison breakout. The morning or afternoon before each match simply get "the wife" to bake a cake and instead of her inserting the aforementioned file substitute that with a flask of your chosen hot beverage. The cake will presumably pass unchallenged by any security checks. At half time simply break open the cake and enjoy with a lovely warm beverage all in the comfort of your own seat. Problem solved.

I'd imagine a Swiss roll or chocolate log is the most suitable and economical form of cake to hide a flask.

Cleverly assembled the cake would remain intact since you could fashion a sponge lid.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Or an Arctic Roll for those wanting a cold drink in their flask.

Of course for the 'Lazy as Fvck' just pop your flask in an empty Pringles tube

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You could take a tea bag, water and cold milk in, I wonder if you can also take an electric kettle? :)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How MARVELLOUS that this thread looks certain to reach 100 pages. SCENES!

All it needs now to complete this Theatre Of the Absurd is for a protest to be organised for the Saints game - last before the ban kicks in - whereby everbody takes along a flask and LUZZES it on the pitch at a specified time. That would be such a HOOT :lol:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

All it needs now to complete this Theatre Of the Absurd is for a protest to be organised for the Saints game - last before the ban kicks in - whereby everbody takes along a flask and LUZZES it on the pitch at a specified time. That would be such a HOOT :lol:

...disguised in celery.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Unless it was for consumption later on a train journey for example. I used to stock up for the day when I used to travel to games from Ashford which was a 2 hour train ride. You wouldn't (Shouldn't) take food into a restaurant or snack bar for consumption there but you might have something in your bags for later.

Cinemas tried to stop customers taking their own sweets into their screens, , but that backfired.

Many years ago (2000 I think it was) I was forced to resorting to buy a Pot Noodle at Deepdale (no chippies anywhere near). They would only pour lukewarm water rather than boiling on it - because of the 'danger'. Result was possibly the worst pile of disgusting sludge I have ever eaten.

:sick:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Water bottles definitely not banned

So, I can take one of these?:

B17-BLU_1024x1024.jpg

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Fill it with hot milk before our next home game, then throw it onto the pitch and before you know, it'll be past-eur-ised.

Last edited:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

I think we should all boycott the Fulham match and has a massive picnic in Stamner Park .... egg mayo sarnies, six finger Kitkats, Minstrels, fish and chips, foxes mints, fishermens friends and BG's cola with a brandy top-up

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think we should all boycott the Fulham match and has a massive picnic in Stamner Park .... egg mayo sarnies, six finger Kitkats, Minstrels, fish and chips, foxes mints, fishermens friends and BG's cola with a brandy top-up
No chance. A rare Saturday 3pm kickoff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here