Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Assuming a limited capacity in the future how should the club decide who goes?

In a restricted capacity how should the club decide who attends?

• Loyalty Points

Votes: 36 20.1%
  • Length of holding a season ticket

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • Residential distance from the AMEX

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Lottery of all STH's

Votes: 50 27.9%
  • Lottery of all STH's AND Members

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • Just men, then one of the above?

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Just women, then one of the above (but not 6)?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sexual Orientation

Votes: 2 1.1%
    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Weight

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Ethinicity

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Whoever has emailed Paul Barber the most

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 16 8.9%

• Total voters

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Clearly a vetting process is required as such I have come up with a 5 point plan if you can answer yes to the following your in;

1. Must have seen Peter ward playing for the Albion ( charity and testimonial games don't count).
2. Must hold a current season ticket.
3. Must have previously held season tickets for the Goldstone, Preastfield and Withdean.
4. Must have attended a school sports day at Withdean. ( bit random but it means you grew up in Brighton).
5. Must have seen the Albion play at Wembley ( on TV doesn't count).

Failing this I suppose the club randomly selects a number of Season ticket holders who are offered a seat for a specific game

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Will be interesting for me, with two U18 tickets, what happens if they get it and I don't?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
With a very high loyalty score I'd be in, but I'm not sure I'd want to go. Skipped the Wolves game and had already said I was not going to the Arsenal game so my ticket would be up for grabs. Also I use football as a social thing. Meeting up with newly found friends with similar taste in football and having a jar and a chat so if they weren't there not sure I'd want to go anyway.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
There is no easy way to resolve this to everybody's satisfaction. Any resolution has to be kept simple or the admin is going to become horrendous.

Agree that NHS & key worker STHs should get in whatever; exempt from any balloting / selection process.

Then if we are at one third capacity let's say, you rotate the STH and get one game in three. If you are allocated a home game and don't turn up then you are excluded from being allocated a ticket for the rest of the season (or until 100% are allowed back).

I know this causes an issue for family groups or a parent with a junior, but any other (sensible option) would be an administrative nightmare.

Close the bars and food outlets so people can't congregate on the concourse and only allow admission from 15 mins before kick-off.

Going to be a bloody nightmare for the club whatever they decide to do.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There is no easy way to resolve this to everybody's satisfaction. Any resolution has to be kept simple or the admin is going to become horrendous.

Agree that NHS & key worker STHs should get in whatever; exempt from any balloting / selection process.

Then if we are at one third capacity let's say, you rotate the STH and get one game in three. If you are allocated a home game and don't turn up then you are excluded from being allocated a ticket for the rest of the season (or until 100% are allowed back).

I know this causes an issue for family groups or a parent with a junior, but any other (sensible option) would be an administrative nightmare.

Close the bars and food outlets so people can't congregate on the concourse and only allow admission from 15 mins before kick-off.

Going to be a bloody nightmare for the club whatever they decide to do.

Not sure that would work - more likely to allow earlier admission than normal to spread people out, not have a 15 minute scrum. The spaced allocation would mean the safest, socially distanced place would be your allocated seat for the game, so aim would be to get everyone seated asap.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I won't go until it's full capacity. Think all the restrictions that are bound to be in place will remove all the enjoyment from it.

We are the same. I also suspect they will begin admitting fans before I think it safe to do so (probably as early as October). There will likely be enough of us with different reasons for not going to ensure enough tickets for those that want to attend.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Attachments

• MP.png
    MP.png
    623.3 KB · Views: 101

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Nice idea in principle but in one swoop you create the horrendous administration you refer to. How are they collecting and then verifying the people claiming to be NHS and/or keyworkers?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Rotation of STH, most probably in small groups. Any STH who wants to park their ticket for a season is allowed to.

For even this to happen we need the train advice to progress from only essential journeys to packed trains going from Brighton to Falmer and back in about seven weeks. Sounds ambitious to me.

This all overlooks the incoming recession and people not being able to keep up a ST.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Find a way for family and groups to sit together.

Could imagine the club wanting to give preference to groups from the same household or "bubble" to fit more people in so they can make more money and make the ground look less empty. Getting groups together means the gaps are just between the groups not between each person attending.

Not saying that is what should happen but can see it as a way to make the most of the space available.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not sure that would work - more likely to allow earlier admission than normal to spread people out, not have a 15 minute scrum. .

Could almost certainly see each fan being given a timed slot for arrival to the ground to make sure it is evenly spaced out. Also could see food and drink (maybe even including beer) being taken to seats and no loitering on the concourses.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Could almost certainly see each fan being given a timed slot for arrival to the ground to make sure it is evenly spaced out. Also could see food and drink (maybe even including beer) being taken to seats and no loitering on the concourses.

Possibly (not beer though - would require a law change). May be allowed to bring in a flask though :D

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm sure it's been said but first thing would be to ask all STH's if they want to attend under restrictions. That may well be enough to get below a maximum number if not then ballot.

Whatever system is adopted (and I'm not sure it will come to it) needs to be as 'admin friendly' as possible

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
l must admit, the prospect of no bar etc, a third empty stadium, not being with your usual bunch and sitting socially distanced does have very limited appeal.

Yet to me that's the only way I want to experience live football.

People are so overrated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here