Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Get Keith Dublin back on a ‘pay as you play’ contract, convert him into a striker and play him up front with CMS and job’s a good ‘un. It’ll be like Byrne and Small never left. #GoodTimes.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
CMS has now signed for Southern Premier Side Bedford Town, such a shame he never fulfilled his full potential with us, another career Poyet did some damage to along with Bridcutt and Buckley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
CMS has now signed for Southern Premier Side Bedford Town, such a shame he never fulfilled his full potential with us, another career Poyet did some damage to along with Bridcutt and Buckley.

CMS just wasn't good enough for the Championship. Bridcutt and Buckley's careers were made by us and Poyet - they had a choice whether to move on or not, no one forced them so not sure that's on Poyet's head.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

[tweet]1309402929582034945[/tweet]

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
CMS was barely Championship level.

Bridcutt and Buckley were right place, right time. Got paid well for little game time, and obviously Sunderland's destiny showed their, amongst others, limitations.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
At least he will have more time to post COVID conspiracy theories with his missus presumably being part time

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
CMS just wasn't good enough for the Championship. Bridcutt and Buckley's careers were made by us and Poyet - they had a choice whether to move on or not, no one forced them so not sure that's on Poyet's head.

He definitely was in the first two seasons in my opinion. Little he could do being shoved up top on his own, he is not the type of striker you can play one upfront with.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He definitely was in the first two seasons in my opinion. Little he could do being shoved up top on his own, he is not the type of striker you can play one upfront with.

First 2 seasons we dominated so many games, had so much quality and created so many chances we should have been automatically promoted. We played 1 up top in all but name building from the back and had so much support up there. Ashley Barnes got 2 more than CMS playing from the right side supporting role. I just don't buy the 1 up front argument, my opinion of course, but it wasn't tactics or formations, it was Championship quality defences.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
[tweet]1309402929582034945[/tweet]

Looks like he’s been on an all-nighter and ended up signing for Bedford Town, still pissed and in his pub clothes.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
How many on here watched Brighton v Bedford Town FA Cup 1965

The only times I have been to Bedford is when I have fallen asleep on the Thameslink train home after too many beers in Brighton, 3 visits so far.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Now that is how to do player intro videos.

He's probably retweeted that with the comment, 'Actually, the earth is flat.'

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
How many on here watched Brighton v Bedford Town FA Cup 1965

It was the next home game after beating Wisbech 10 - 1 and then Southend United 9 - 1.

What could possibly go wrong ?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

They are Southern One not prem. So same level as Whitehawk, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath etc etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here