Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BBC Statistician - Brighton Squad needs "major surgery"

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Will never tire of saying that 'CH shackles' is this close season's lazy parrotted BS. Will be funny (if it wasn't so serious) to see how many of these very poor signings make any kind of meaningful impact by the end of the phase of many winnable matches by the end of September. Dud player's a dud player. Shackled, my arse :lol:

We will see... can't wait to say "I told you so"! ;-)... I offered a couple of other less lazy phrases for you, equally valid IMHO... "overly-negative" and "1-shot-per-game-if-you're-lucky tactics"... I hope you appreciate the effort?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Lol ..as if I care whether you think I have or not...and as you aren’t in charge of recruitment I think my ‘query’ has as much validity as your post.

It really doesn't... sorry...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yep ..it’s the way it seems to be ..personally I couldn’t care less ..just want us to be successful as I have done for the past fifty yrars

Good... let the Chris thing go then, eh?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So far you seem to be holding 2, 3 off-suit.

I’ve got a good poker face too. You have no idea what I’m holding

We may not be playing the same style of poker though

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Level ??

Hi Chris [emoji16]

Foster’s Headband or Chris’s Mouthpiece?

TSB = Totally Sucks Balls (Chris’s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Chris Hughton is a decent manager and did a decent job here, he can rightly feel a little unfortunate to lose his job. I have little doubt that Chris would have kept us up again next season and made some improvements to the entertainment value of games, but, we had an opportunity to get a better manager. In the same way that we would say goodbye to Shane Duffy if we could sign Virgil Van dijk, Chris had to go, to make way for what the senior management feel is a better coach. We will find out if they were right soon, I think the decision will be vindicated, but that would not make Hughton awful, just Potter better.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Chris Hughton is a decent manager and did a decent job here, he can rightly feel a little unfortunate to lose his job. I have little doubt that Chris would have kept us up again next season and made some improvements to the entertainment value of games, but, we had an opportunity to get a better manager. In the same way that we would say goodbye to Shane Duffy if we could sign Virgil Van dijk, Chris had to go, to make way for what the senior management feel is a better coach. We will find out if they were right soon, I think the decision will be vindicated, but that would not make Hughton awful, just Potter better.

It really looked like we were going to be relegated under Chris next season to me... look at the stats and the performances for the last 20 or so games Chris was in charge. In a word, appalling. Tony seems to agree. However, Chris’s achievements with us should never be forgotten. He did a brilliant job for all but the last six months of his tenure. Now Tony has rolled the dice, so who knows?

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I have every doubt he’d have kept us up. We’d won 3 in 23, scored hardly any goals and created nothing. Couldn’t see how it was going to change under CH.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have every doubt he’d have kept us up. We’d won 3 in 23, scored hardly any goals and created nothing. Couldn’t see how it was going to change under CH.
Two or three better players in the positions where they were most needed in the transfer window would have made quite a difference, IMHO. So yes, I too was saddened when CH got the boot. However, Uncle Tony has rolled the dice and decided differently; we move on.

The king is dead; long live the king.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Two or three better players in the positions where they were most needed in the transfer window would have made quite a difference, IMHO. So yes, I too was saddened when CH got the boot. However, Uncle Tony has rolled the dice and decided differently; we move on.

The king is dead; long live the king.

Hoorah [emoji16]

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Exactly.

The decline over the 21 months was there for all to see and borne out by an awful 6 months of losing football. So called small clubs came to the Amex and conquered with ease, as crowds poured out early in unprecedented numbers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here