Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke- Portsmouth defender **SIGNED and LOANED to DERBY**

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Clarke is not a replacement for anyone. He will be the third centre back in a tried and tested Potter style 352 or 3411 and may occasionally be used as an understudy to D&D in an experimental back 4.

Corrected for you.

Potter had 8 years of the following:
"tactically flexible, attacking, [and] possession-based".[38] At Östersunds, he deployed a flexible 3–5–2 formation centred on ball possession.

The only way he’ll be experimenting with a back 4 is if (like at Swansea) he is not given the players he wants for a back three. Oddly, you think he will have those players.

Listen to this excellent podcast for a detailed break down of his formations and tactics at
Östersunds for 8 years. He is very very progressive and could upset a lot of traditionalist supporters with his ideas.

https://play.acast.com/s/togetherbha

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We recruited a manager nearly ten years ago with similar views, it certainly worked until . . . . a bit of this. :tantrum:

I believe that is not Potter's style (tantrums)...

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Portsmouth have had a £600k offer accepted today by Oldham for George Edmundson (Centre Back).
Replacement now lined up for Clarke so should be movement on this.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Is this Clarke really Premiership quality?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

In short, the answer is “currently, probably not”. But Clarke has massive potential, and he almost certainly will be PL quality.

We missed out on VVD by £300k when he went to Celtic, which was the catalyst for the Gus glass ceiling business.

It’s no surprise that many teams were chasing Clarke. He will go straight in as understudy to D&D, and provides extra insurance if we were to lose a left sided centre back soon...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In short, the answer is “currently, probably not”. But Clarke has massive potential, and he almost certainly will be PL quality.

We missed out on VVD by £300k when he went to Celtic, which was the catalyst for the Gus glass ceiling business.

It’s no surprise that many teams were chasing Clarke. He will go straight in as understudy to D&D, and provides extra insurance if we were to lose a left sided centre back soon...

Wow. On the very thread where you claimed Clarke had signed "45 minutes ago" you're now posting more assumptions dressed up as ITK knowledge. You have no better idea than me what led to Gus's comments and stating he'll go straight in as an understudy is another assumption considering we already have two understudies. Which CB is shipping out then, oh font of all knowledge #WrongAgain

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

there's a tiny little piece of your brain missing...

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The facts about VVD are in the public domain, and have been for years, if you read more.

Why can’t you allow other people to contribute? I haven’t claimed or embellished anything. Stick to talking about the thread title, not castigating others.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The facts about VVD are in the public domain, and have been for years, if you read more.

Why can’t you allow other people to contribute? I haven’t claimed or embellished anything. Stick to talking about the thread title, not castigating others.

You're free to contribute and I'm free to call it bollocks because most of what you post is. Unless Clarke HAS actually signed and we're just keeping him under a very large sheet until Potter returns from his hollybobs.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You're free to contribute and I'm free to call it bollocks because most of what you post is. Unless Clarke HAS actually signed and we're just keeping him under a very large sheet until Potter returns from his hollybobs.

I really can't understand why Mr Zero Credibility bothers.
I'd be minded to believe Hove B&B before him.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

now you feel compelled to lie about your lies.

you stated that the deal was done 45 minutes ago, days ago. that begs the question, who are you that you know about albion transfer business with in the hour!!!

you obviously already have self esteem issues...so,

why do you do it to yourself?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here