Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke- Portsmouth defender **SIGNED and LOANED to DERBY**

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I suppose it is a plausible theory to bring in Clarke, as a young home grown centre back player, such that if we did lose an existing home grown centre back, we would then at least have the flexibility to potentially bring in a non-home grown centre back, if you see what I mean. I can’t imagine for one minute that Clarke is seen as a day one centre back starter, but if bringing him in provides good ball playing centre back cover, and also enables us to widen our search options to replace an existing centre back, heaven forbid if we should lose one, then it looks like a worthwhile transaction....

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I suppose it is a plausible theory to bring in Clarke, as a young home grown centre back player, such that if we did lose an existing home grown centre back, we would then at least have the flexibility to potentially bring in a non-home grown centre back, if you see what I mean. I can’t imagine for one minute that Clarke is seen as a day one centre back starter, but if bringing him in provides good ball playing centre back cover, and also enables us to widen our search options to replace an existing centre back, heaven forbid if we should lose one, then it looks like a worthwhile transaction....

Thought you said it was done yesterday ???

Taking their time announcing it aren't they ???

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
PS: Graham Potter is on holiday by the way so chances of players having medicals or signings being completed this week are remote, despite the usual twitter rumour (MO: guess what might happen, say it has, delete guesses if they don't turn out to be true) accounts saying otherwise.

not sure it works that way in this day and age. if GP wants a player and everything gets wrapped up by the recruitment staff it will get done. Of course I am sure GP owns a phone too!

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Made The Guardian's League One team of the season. Interesting last line...

Centre-back: Matt Clarke (Portsmouth) That the 22-year-old picked up 13 end-of-season awards says it all. A classy defender, Clarke was ever present in a team that went close. Brighton-bound.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

Although it means Ben White would likely miss out on a place in the 25 (assuming i've got his age right). A guy who, two seasons ago, was having a 'player of the season' season for a lower league team and a player who we have nurtured for years.

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Although it might if the player himself is away on holiday. Should think he wanted a few days away after a hard season and play-off pressure.

Good point.

I’m sure he can LearJet back for a couple of days, for the chance of signing for a MASSIVE club such as the Albion and the chance to become a rich lad.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought you said it was done yesterday ???

Taking their time announcing it aren't they ???

You’re not aware of the seagull wedgee transfer window NSC usage are you?

1) Claim to have great sources
2) Post stuff as fact based on something from twitter as the probability is it will happen and you have a chance of looking ‘in the know’
3) If it doesn’t happen (which is usually), hope nobody remembers the post or dig it up
4) If it does happen (which is still plausible as with this one, based on another players mum tweeting) claim you told the whole of NSC (we are waiting for this to actually happen ever though - as he’s never even guessed right yet) If Clarke signs in a week he’ll be claiming he told us first and it was done 8/9 days earlier...
5) If you get called out and made a show of for posting bullshit, scramble desperately to try and get some sort of credibility back - wasn’t it Tau going the other way in a deal we were doing last window or something [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION]?
6) Rudely and arrogantly ignore anyone who asks questions / calls him out on his bullshit - including the other day when he announced TB was suing kick it out or something like that - which seemed to be bollocks after a BBC article issued their apology...

Guess guess guess - what a tit to mis inform fellow fans constantly for ones own online ego - wanting to be ‘ITK’ :lol:

Sorry but all true.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
Matt Clarke- Portsmouth defender rumour

There’s no new reporting in that article . Confirms an interest in Bogle and Clarke but that has been reported elsewhere. (Argus, local press) but No bids have gone in. And not clear how advanced the interest is. Stresses that Albion want to keep Dunk and Duffy this summer.I think that goes without saying.

Has a stab at what the squad gaps are which is new but also obvious so unsure if sourced or educated guess.

- striker, #10, winger, right back, centre back.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Tbh i can see this dragging on, Pompey are obviously keen for a bidding war with plenty of interest from Championship clubs, Bloom is likely to wait and see what develops, if nothing does, no bidding war, we get our man at what we consider the right price.

Also with Clarke (apparently) stating that Brighton would be his preferred choice, the likes of Leeds etc. may have decided to look elsewhere already.

I also noticed that Reading are interested, if he's not coming here, then i hope Pompey squeeze them for as much as possible, seeing as how much Reading seem to value centre backs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here