Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Working from home and the tea bag mountain

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whilst I'm on, one of the wimmin here leaves the teabag IN THE CUP while she drinks it. I don't know how she can stand it - it looks like an unflushed toilet with a floater. It must touch her lip and everything.

Grim.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What the OP was getting at, I think, is about finding ways to do anything other than work when you're working from home. For instance, i'm being encouraged to work at home. No idea why. I do 4 minutes of work then find myself instinctively pottering around. I think I may have hit double figures on the tea front last Tuesday, I read every article of the Guardian site and my carpet was staggeringly well hoovered.

I've made "looking busy" into an artform tbh (see postcount). If I was WFH on top of that, I'm not sure I'd have the discipline. SSN and "background box sets" would become the norm, and I fear the extended pub lunch with the laptop down the local would become far too much of a temptation. Credit to you for getting the housework done though, fair play. That probably wouldn't occur to me.

Whilst I'm on, one of the wimmin here leaves the teabag IN THE CUP while she drinks it. I don't know how she can stand it - it looks like an unflushed toilet with a floater. It must touch her lip and everything.

Grim.

Bet she puts the milk in first too.

Absolute FREAKS

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bet she puts the milk in first too.

Absolute FREAKS

She is also the one who likes to have a "milky coffee" - so the best part of half a pint of microwaved milk disappears down her gaping maw 2 or 3 times a day, which can leave us a bit short of the white stuff some afternoons. This also means the inside of her mug is coated in dried milk and basically unrinsible. You have to actually get the sponge out and give it a proper wash if you've been (mug) enough to do a tea round straight after she's had one of her coffee-shake latte's. Oh, and naturally, "no thanks" is not in her vocabulary when it comes to the offer of a hot beverage. Ever.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Now my firm has gradually phased in a working from home (wfh) ethos throughout the organisation (where possible), and one of the highlights of this new venture is to see how many cups of tea I can drink at home and subsequently build a tea bag mountain.

My record so far is 8, balanced and fitting on the tea strainer. Can anyone else beat that?

I know when there is no football on, this can leave a vacuum in many peoples lives - I am not sensing that this thread will fill that vacuum for too many of them

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Grim.

If i have a cup at my other job then I will - but that's only cos it's a Klix machine job so tastes like ARSE unless you let it steep a bit, and I don't have the time to let it stand and wait.

I must add that I don't feel good about myself when I do it, and I expect a FLAYING from the great and good here for my heinous crime...but sometimes the need arises.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Grim.

How do you stand on having a mouth full of biscuit or other food and taking a full gulp of tea.
Personally I think they should be flogged.
My nan always drank her tea out of the saucer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How do you stand on having a mouth full of biscuit or other food and taking a full gulp of tea.
Personally I think they should be flogged.
My nan always drank her tea out of the saucer.

Dipping a biscuit is, I think acceptable.

Having a mouthful of sandwich or crisps and taking a swig of tea though - I'm with you. These people should be dragged from the building by the hair, and beaten to within an inch of their lives with their own shoes. In front of their kids.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Grim.
Um. Guilty of that. Builders tea innit? Loads of people do dont they? :shrug:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
A firm foundation is the key
IMG_0602.jpg

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Grim.

Does she swallow?

And as this is a tea bag and wfh thread, is this woman your wife?

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I used to drink 3-4 mugs of tea in the morning before work, 1 litre mug as well so it was a double bagger. At work I can get through a solid 6-7 mugs on early and night turns, 4-5 on a late turn.

Needless to say its the Yorkshire Tea catering bags to keep the costs down at home, if only they did Gold catering bags, fortunately work have started supplying Yorkshire as well rather than PG, vile stuff.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Sorry if it’s already been said, but this thread surely needs to be merged with the long-standing ( and hilarious) Bell cheeses?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Does she swallow?

And as this is a tea bag and wfh thread, is this woman your wife?

She may swallow, I know not. I can barely look at her.

Frankly, the very thought of marrying such a creature who leaves the teabag in the cup sends me into uncontrollable spasmodic convulsions. This issue should probably reside on the Bellcheese thread, in fairness.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
She may swallow, I know not. I can barely look at her.

Frankly, the very thought of marrying such a creature who leaves the teabag in the cup sends me into uncontrollable spasmodic convulsions. This issue should probably reside on the Bellcheese thread, in fairness.

She does sound like a bellend to be fair

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
That's pretty disgusting. Leaving used teabags out. WTF is wrong with you?

This. My woman has a mother. Her mother NEVER throws her teabags away. She leaves them in the sink, in cups, on the side. She leaves them EVERYWHERE but in the bin. I have taken to piling them up in a saucer by the kettle. I do this to serve as a reminder that teabags, once used, need to be disposed of. There are currently 20 used teabags on a saucer by the kettle. She still hasn’t got the message. I hate that woman.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don’t like tea. I do like snails in garlic butter and the more esoteric cuts of meat. Does this mean I get to work from home in rural France?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here