Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potential Transfer Targets

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Here’s what I hope happens

I understand there is a meeting at the club today around medium term planning around the playing side.

Chris will outline a clear vision of what sort of football he wants to play and sets out the reasons he feels like he hasn’t been able to achieve this strategy. Ashworth and the board put in place the measures necessary, including improving the contracts of key players and focussing the recruitment team towards targets with specific skills.

I hope the players are bought in, specifically around this plan. Maybe we will be a pressing team, a counter attack, a possession team or (hopefully not) a long ball team. But we need to work it out first, otherwise plays are going to get bought in, in a scattergun sort of way. That rarely ends well

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Some players who noticeably are out of favour or leaving or returning from loans

Ryan Babel,
Jonjo Shelvey
Ander Herrera
Danny Drinkwater (and beer and then drive)
James McCarthy
Mo Elneny
Nath Chalobah
Jack Wilshire
Morgan Schneiderlin
Vincent Janssen
Andy Carroll
Batshuayi (going back to Chelsea)
Ings (going back to Liverpool)

Some interesting ones in there. Some crocked ones as well

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
A list of available targets I personally think we should be looking at. Opinions welcome let’s make this the summer transfer thread

Free transfers

Mata (United)- rumours flying around. Would love it but just, no.
Cahill (Chelsea) - a quality 3rd option at centre half is desperately needed. From the same mould as Dunk and Duffy
Rafael (Lyon) - Bruno is class but at 38 lets be realistic, rafael would provide an attacking threat with a wealth of experience
Welbeck (Arsenal) - pace and big game experience worth a gamble.
Giroud (Chelsea) - Hughton style focal point that would benefit with finally being the main man in a team

‪General transfer targets‬

‪Che Adams (Birmingham) - quick striker who’s scored goals for fun in a poor Birmingham side. The next Callum Wilson?‬
‪Jack Grealish (Villa) - if they don’t get promoted surely he’s the next out of the door. If given the license to create could prove a shrewd signing. ‬
‪Sandro Tonali (Brescia) - very talented centre mid. Will sit in front of the defence with incredible discipline and control the game. something we’ve lacked since the bridcutt days‬

‪Sandro Tonali (Brescia) is incredible in Football Manager, so it's a yes from me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
State of this thread.

It's an embarrassment.

The fact that I can go out on a 4 hour ride, come back and still scoop the main transfer news of the day, just goes to show:-

a) How inept these wannabes are.
b) It's not as easy as it looks.
& most importantly of all
iii) NSC would be a barren wasteland without me, ME ME. :lolol:

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cahill (Chelsea) - a quality 3rd option at centre half is desperately needed. From the same mould as Dunk and Duffy

Cahill isn't signing for a club of our size to be a back up.

We are not going to pay the wages Cahill would demand, for a back up player.

Rafael (Lyon) - Bruno is class but at 38 lets be realistic, rafael would provide an attacking threat with a wealth of experience

He signed a new contract at Lyon, literally yesterday.

Giroud (Chelsea) - Hughton style focal point that would benefit with finally being the main man in a team

£100k/week

‪Che Adams (Birmingham) - quick striker who’s scored goals for fun in a poor Birmingham side. The next Callum Wilson?‬
‪‬

Reasonable suggestion. Seemingly high up Southampton's hit list though, and doubt we are up for a bidding war.

‪Jack Grealish (Villa) - if they don’t get promoted surely he’s the next out of the door. If given the license to create could prove a shrewd signing. ‬
‪‬

The SIXTY MILLION POUNDS release clause might be a problem.

Good list.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Henry Onyekuru, plays anywhere across a front 3. Age 22.

We were in for him before he joined Everton. Been on loan at Galatasaray this season, scored 13 goals and 2 assists in 28 games.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bridges are never burned when it comes to footballers and £££. If we make the best offer he won't turn us down because we baulked at the loan fee last summer.

Oh he'd come to us if the ££££s were right. I'm just not convinced we'd go back after him in the first place.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It'll be interesting to see if we go back in for Liam Moore should any of our centre backs leave.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I do hope the desire for Giroud gets put to bed nice and early, as said elsewhere would be one of the worst signing EVER and I'd rather start with shot shy Murrayoffside.

That's just how wrong you people are.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Pretty sure the 'loan' deal that took Ings to Southampton, included him signing a FOUR year deal with Saints.

If it did, then we might have a better story to tell Che Adams than Southampton, indicating that he'd be higher up the pecking order than he would be there. I'd love to get Ings over Mitrovic but, even if you're wrong about him pre-signing for them, he's still likely to end up there -- rather than here -- over the summer.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
funny I was thinking that earlier today...I have a feeling Balogun may leave down to not playing?!

Yeah wouldn't surprise me. I like him but doesn't strike me as soon who'll be too happy sat on the bench. That said, could be interest in Dunk and Duffy, so it's hard to predict.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Yeah wouldn't surprise me. I like him but doesn't strike me as soon who'll be too happy sat on the bench. That said, could be interest in Dunk and Duffy, so it's hard to predict.

Feel this summer may see a number of Ins and outs...including some established players to then enable squad to be properly refreshed and developed..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here