TAYLOR Carl UK Independence Party (UKIP) 183
TAYLOR Debbie Labour Party 1,911

Marianna Ebel is ruddy gorgeous.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lizzie Deane (Green), Sue Shanks (Green) and Pete West (Green) have been elected as councillors for the St Peter's & North Laines ward.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Greens hold St Peters and North Laines

DEANE Lizzie Green Party candidate 3,655 Yes
GARSIDE Nick Conservative Party Candidate 323
GRAY Daniel Thomas Labour Party 1,018
HEALE Rob Liberal Democrats 399 LONG Mike Conservative Party Candidate 287
MCCOOK Gabriel Glendale Nicholson Labour Party 1,018
MURRAY Linda Mary Conservative Party Candidate 279
O`BRIEN Gerald David Independent 184
SHANKS Sue Green Party candidate 3,348 Yes
WEST Pete Green Party candidate 3,252 Yes
WINDER Maureen Elizabeth Labour Party 1,050

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Lizzie Deane (Green), Sue Shanks (Green) and Pete West (Green) have been elected as councillors for the St Peter's & North Laines ward.

Just when I thought you were asleep - you still beat me to the paste :lol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Daniel Jonathan Yates (Labour), Amanda Jane Grimshaw (Labour) and Kate Knight (Labour) have been elected as councillors for the Moulsecoomb & Bevendean ward.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Interestingly (maybe) is that two Green councillors have been elected in Wealden (Forest Row and Withyham). Correct me if I am wrong but this must be the first time the Greens have any kind of success in Wealden?

Also four for Lib Dem (Crowborough Jarvis Brook, Hailsham East, Hailsahm North West and Uckfield East).

No Labour though.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Interestingly (maybe) is that two Green councillors have been elected in Wealden (Forest Row and Withyham). Correct me if I am wrong but this must be the first time the Greens have any kind of success in Wealden?

Also four for Lib Dem (Crowborough Jarvis Brook, Hailsham East, Hailsahm North West and Uckfield East).

No Labour though.

I think that's correct. Greens did well in my part of Wealden

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Cllr Anne Meadows, who switched from the Labour Party to the Conservatives, did not appear on the stage for the declaration.

Members of the audience laughed and booed when her name was read out in the declaration.

She recieved 627 votes.

Steve_PPP

Oct 24, 2017
Burgess Hill
Two more Lib Dems for MSDC from Burgess Hill Meeds Ward at the moment.

That's my ward, the lib dem candidate Tofojjul Hussain used to own Shapla Tandoori for 35 years before it closed - my local and the best curry house in BH (imo....). Always seemed a decent and friendly chap.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
That's my ward, the lib dem candidate Tofojjul Hussain used to own Shapla Tandoori for 35 years before it closed - my local and the best curry house in BH (imo....). Always seemed a decent and friendly chap.

Got 0/5 on the scores on the doors health rating, did Shapla.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't disagree. But has anything about the electorate suggested they are in the process of maturing views?

I think the penny has dropped with some that binary, two-party adversial politics has made Brexit undeliverable under the current format.

Furthermore, the polarisation of the two parties has led others to abandon them and explore other options. Once the centre ground sorts itself out I believe there's a solid 20%+ of votes there, plus 5-10% for the Greens as environmental issues are increasingly pushed to the fore in the news.

Given the support for Remain in Scotland it is difficult to see how either of the 2 main parties can win a majority of seats any time soon, and that will mean a 3rd hung parliament out of the last 4 General Elections.

The days of families voting the same way through the generations and the main two parties being anchored by class and geography are gone - Brexit has changed everything.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Meanwhile in Rother, with all wards declared in the largest town, Bexhill-On-Sea now has as many Tory councillors as the Green Party - one. :lolol:

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Interestingly (maybe) is that two Green councillors have been elected in Wealden (Forest Row and Withyham). Correct me if I am wrong but this must be the first time the Greens have any kind of success in Wealden? /QUOTE]

Two Greens in Horsham district for the first time too, and I believe a couple in Chichester, and a Green just missed out in Crawley Down (Mid Sussex)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Which ward is our former poster standing in ?

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Have you ever tried to get around an entire ward, constituency or council area? Or have you ever been a member of a team that attempted to do so? You might find it's a time-consuming operation overwhelmingly conducted by volunteers.

Funnily enough, a friend of mine, labour party member, in the same ward as me,was doing the leaflet drop in the road next to me and said she saw the guy who was doing my road.

She also said she thought it unlikely he would posting any of his leaflets.......I didn't get one.

I did vote for my local labour candidate in the end tho, and she got in, so happy days.

My ward has gone from 3 tories to 1 Tory, 1 Labour and 1 Lib Dem.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here