Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'm Team Andone. Like Murray, he has got a bit of mischief about him but playing up front, you've got to have that.

It's a bit like Sergio Ramos (I wish). No doubt an excellent player who can also be a complete thug. Can't stand the bloke. But put him in the Stripes and I would love him to bits.
but there's a difference between mischief and deliberately elbowing someone, if he keeps that up and can't be changed then I hope we get rid, personally.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
ha ! Literally a few minutes ago - you'd forgotten that he'd actually scored and was arguing in several posts the complete opposite. . Now you've admitted he looked like scoring (because he did !!) and its "incredibly fortunate". Have you actually seen it ? He really has to work hard to win it off the first defender, he nutmegs the 2nd defender skillfully and then places it through the goalkeepers legs.
I'm on Andone's side here, he fought for the ball and scored well, but nutmegging the 2nd defender was luck, not skill.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION]'s defence (not that he needs defending), he merely said he wasn't yet convinced about Andone and Locadia. Not that they're rubbish, or anything else, just that he remains to be convinced of their ability at the highest level.
If that's what Simster had said, no one would have been arguing with him. What he said was that he failed to look remotely like scoring. That's just incorrect, as Hans Kraay pointed out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We can't know the truth because I guess only Andone knows where he was aiming, but I agree with you, a hard shot aimed low straight at the keeper is a good strikers go to shot in a position where the keeper is looking to narrow angles and make himself big. I am of the side to give Andone the benefit of the doubt on that one, I thought it was an accurate striker's finish, but equally, he could have been aiming for the corner and got lucky.
Murray's second goal, where he skillfully placed it to the keeper's right, he was actually aiming for the other side of the goal, and miss-hit it :whistle:

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Murray's second goal, where he skillfully placed it to the keeper's right, he was actually aiming for the other side of the goal, and miss-hit it :whistle:

Having been offside (stooopid arm/foot rule) when the ball was played to him.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Expect Stat Bore to tell you in some tediously long winded post why you're wrong to point this out. If that doesn't happen, chailyjem will be along to tell you how actually, he was desperately unlucky not to have scored ten in that one.

You have been rinsed now about this. Turn it in

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If that's what Simster had said, no one would have been arguing with him. What he said was that he failed to look remotely like scoring. That's just incorrect, as Hans Kraay pointed out.

He did. And I corrected my mistake there. And all this happened about four hours before you got involved. :rolleyes:

You have been rinsed now about this. Turn it in
What are you talking about - I hadn't commented on this for hours, and regardless I've made my position quite clear. I suspect in your mind's eye you've decided I think he's shit, which is honestly not what I've said at all. Looking forward to numpties like you bouncing this thread as if it disproves my point when he next scores.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure about that. Nearly cost us the game, and place in the next round. Would you be so pleased if he'd been sent off?

But that didn't happen.
Andone wasn't sent off
He did score a goal
The Albion are through to the next round of the cup.

What is the fasination this board has with 'what could have happened'.
The amount of goals that the team could have conceded this season is staggering.
The fantasy land of ifs buts and maybes is odd especially now that players are seemingly judged on 'what might have happened'.
Poor Gatean being the prime victim.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
He did. And I corrected my mistake there. And all this happened about four hours before you got involved. :rolleyes:

What are you talking about - I hadn't commented on this for hours, and regardless I've made my position quite clear. I suspect in your mind's eye you've decided I think he's shit, which is honestly not what I've said at all. Looking forward to numpties like you bouncing this thread as if it disproves my point when he next scores.

Don’t get all emotional ffs. It’s only a forum no one actually cares... Oh hang on...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don’t get all emotional ffs. It’s only a forum no one actually cares... Oh hang on...

That's right - you cared sufficiently enough to tell me to "turn it in". Or have I got that wrong and you are actually above all this message board nonsense unlike the rest of us?

To repeat my clearly highly controversial opinion:

Andone is not shit, I'm just not sure he's good enough based on recent performances. But I have my concerns.
For the fifth time, I was wrong to say he didn't look like scoring. I shouldn't have said that as clearly he did.
He could very easily have cost us the tie in three ways. a) being sent off, and b) missing from 6 yards before c) shooting at the keepers legs and not being punished for that lack of accuracy. As it happens, he didn't cost us, but do we really want to be shouting down opinions because of it?

Anyway, I have work to do.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
That's right - you cared sufficiently enough to tell me to "turn it in". Or have I got that wrong and you are actually above all this message board nonsense unlike the rest of us?

**** me are you still going on.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes I know, but BoldSeagull's post saying that you merely said you weren't yet convinced, was about people's reaction to your post, and before you had corrected your mistake. So in my view, at the time of Bold Seagull's post, his point was wrong.

For whatever reason, you appear to be disagreeing with a lot of people on here today, and a few insults seem to have been thrown around, and I don't particularly want to join in. I disagreed with your earlier comment about Andone not looking like scoring (and his goal being poor), and I don't really agree with your general view on him, but that's all.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
But that didn't happen.
Andone wasn't sent off
He did score a goal
The Albion are through to the next round of the cup.

What is the fasination this board has with 'what could have happened'.
The amount of goals that the team could have conceded this season is staggering.
The fantasy land of ifs buts and maybes is odd especially now that players are seemingly judged on 'what might have happened'.
Poor Gatean being the prime victim

I think 50% of the posts on Nsc are like this.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Field asked him if he'd been tatting before the game,so Andone was responding to racist abuse.No ban,apart from the baggie racist.(just kidding)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here