Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal *** Official Match Thread ***

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Too much Xmas Pudd for the Albion players me thinks ..... very poor slow start , cant afford to give teams like Arsenal a goal lead like that .... but credit to the players they have risen to the occasion and got themselves back into the game

Would settle for a draw but must say thought we looked the most likely to score a second..... and what the odds on a goal for the much maligned Locardia ... lets hope its the boost he needs to kick on and really make a name for himself at the Albion

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Lucky Montoya - all his own fault as well.
no ...duffy sold him the hospital ball ....he got it but got the man over the top ...to me thats a telling off nothing more , when you look at what jorghino done to the fulham lad a few weeks ago for a yellow then that tackle don't even get a candle waved at it ..!!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
no ...duffy sold him the hospital ball ....he got it but got the man over the top ...to me thats a telling off nothing more , when you look at what jorghino done to the fulham lad a few weeks ago for a yellow then that tackle don't even get a candle waved at it ..!!

Duffy played it to his feet, Montoya didn't control it - then had to lunge in.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2018
In addition to the goal Locardia has looked tidy with his passes and positions, didn’t he play wide left in Holland?

Good to see some aware rather than the Jose approach of cutting in and wildly shooting regardless of what’s on.

Good first half from the lad, looks up for it and confident, just needed a goal and he has it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
In addition to the goal Locardia has looked tidy with his passes and positions, didn’t he play wide left in Holland?

Good to see some aware rather than the Jose approach of cutting in and wildly shooting regardless of what’s on.

Good first half from the lad, looks up for it and confident, just needed a goal and he has it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, he did

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Turned out entertaining first half.

Very poor first 15-20 minutes and one of the sloppiest goals we've conceded in a while. Just awful defending all round. Schoolboy at it's most schoolboyish. The back four at times don't look like they're on the same book let alone page. Montoya seems to have a propensity to play 2 yards deeper than the other three and play people onside. He did it for Aubamayang's chance(great save by Ryan) and he's done it a number of other times this season.

That said we showed some good character to work our way back into it, it would have been easy to roll over but we plugged away and deservedly got back in it. Lovely to see Locadia score, hopefully that's the confidence boost he needs.

I feel we need to score again if we want to get anything out of the game, we just don't look particularly solid (that goes for most of the season) but we're level, not chasing the game and the confidence has to be fairly high. Lets hope we step it up again in the second half and don't put in a Bournemouth second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here