Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Charlton v Donny Rovers, League 1 playoff semi

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Just got home. Disappointing result for Rovers. Won the game & knocked out on farcical penalties. Complete lack of class from Charlton invading the pitch & celebrating like they’d won the cup. I’ll be supporting Sunderland in the final.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ll say it again - COME ON Derby and Charlton!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just got home. Disappointing result for Rovers. Won the game & knocked out on farcical penalties. Complete lack of class from Charlton invading the pitch & celebrating like they’d won the cup. I’ll be supporting Sunderland in the final.

You don't remember the pitch invasion at Withdean when we beat Swindon on penalties, then?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Would happen at any club if they won on pens... that’s a harsh comment mate.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Are Charlton fans going to boycott the final because of Roland ?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Seemed like a pretty tame pitch invasion, and very jovial. The donny players even stayed out to clap the fans.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea

Fair point. I'm probably more annoyed about it because of the unnecessary venom from their fans. Bottle thrown at McCann, police intervention to take the penalties at the home end only for the Rovers players to have coins thrown at them. The fans on the pitch in front of the home fans were having a lot of fun, the few hundred in front of our stand were aggressive w@nk3rs and a fair few got nicked.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

Not for a semi final, celebrating like they won the league there. I dont think we would have done that if we had won league one.

What was with the polis making the penalties be taken in front of the Charlton fans? Such a cheating moment that. Something to do with safety but no more was said, it was so safe there was a micky mouse pitch invasion.

Donny played the better football and it was a much better game than ours the night before, which was all about just getting a job done which we did

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here