Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Top Flouncing (tennis)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hey, sorry you're right - I was out of order. Having not had the best of weeks, I vented from the safety of my PC screen. I exaggerated and didn't mean it, so I take it back. Sorry to anyone else who wasn't impressed with that post.

If that's genuine apology then it is appreciated.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Hey, sorry you're right - I was out of order. Having not had the best of weeks, I vented from the safety of my PC screen. I exaggerated and didn't mean it, so I take it back. Sorry to anyone else who wasn't impressed with that post.

It's really good of you to apologise mate. I got a bit over-sensitive with that subject.

That draws a line under it. No hard feelings. :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Had the potential to be the best in the world as he can be a genius
However seems to have severe mental health issues as has done this sort of thing over a number of years and is still very immature
Not a punters pal

Does he have mental health issues or is he just a bit of a diva? It’s a serious question. Luzzing a few things around a tennis court and slagging off his opponents isn’t normal I agree, but it’s hardly a sign he needs therapy imho.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Does he have mental health issues or is he just a bit of a diva? It’s a serious question. Luzzing a few things around a tennis court and slagging off his opponents isn’t normal I agree, but it’s hardly a sign he needs therapy imho.

Needs a very lengthy ban IMHO. Bloke needs to learn some manners.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Agreed, but the boy's opened up about having to seek out mental health support very recently.

I was not aware of that. I can assure you though people with mental health issues are just as capable of throwing a hissy fit unrelated to mental health just as much as anyone.
Throwing a folding chair 2 feet in front of you is a tantrum. If he’d thrown it at someone’s head I might think this was an MH issue.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
When it comes to bad boys who can actually play, Kyrgios isn't fit to lace up the shoes of McEnroe, Connors or others.

He's never been ranked in the top 10 players - his highest-ever ranking is #13 in the world back in Oct 16. Last month, he was #34.

He's only reached the QF of a Grand Slam tournament twice - Australian in '14 and Wimbledon in '15. R3 in US and French. That's it.

If you're going to be a bit of a character on court, you've got to have the game to back it up. He's never shown that he can do it over a fortnight.

To give a comparision with another temperamental underachiever, Marat Safin broke 48 racquets during 1999 and 1,055 during his entire career.

But Safin was also World #1, won 2 Grand Slams and reached the SF of the other 2. At least he actually made it to the very top.

Kyrgios can have a strop when he's earned the right to do so by winning something of note.

This. McEnroe was a brat but he had talent on the court and was a winner. This guy is a no mark who has won nothing of significance. He needs a huge fine and a long ban. He won't be missed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here