Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Yes, dangerous extremists intent on subverting/reversing the referendum result as soon as it didn't go their/your way.... have a look in the mirror.

Your wish for MP's to seize control and stop Brexit (a supposed angry outburst) and your description of the Conservative government as 'far right' because they promised to deliver Brexit shows your true colours despite all the endless mealy-mouthed attempts to camouflage these extreme views. Arguing it's entirely reasonable for the losing minority to organise a campaign and insist we all vote again in a second referendum takes a special type of arrogance, an arrogance that is exemplified by the Lib Dems and many of their supporters. The losers 2nd referendum campaign was never about giving leavers a vote on any final deal it was all about giving Remain a second chance in another referendum .. anyone suggesting otherwise is a liar. Even more breathtaking is the fact that people that spend an inordinate amount of time either claiming leave voters are thicky racists or just gullible sheep while calling for the Remain MP dominated parliament to stop Brexit or go for another vote then act surprised/horrified when there are entirely predictable consequences. Ignoring democratic votes /failing to enact the result damages our democracy and leaves the path clear for more populist elements to exploit the failures of more centrist parties your and many other remain contributors arguments on this thread help facilitate their success. Nige and the Brexit party have a lot to thank you all for.

'Organising a campaign' is what people do in a free society. Arguing that it's unreasonable tells us what we need to know.

I didn't call the Tories far right 'because they promised to deliver Brexit' - I was referring to their post-Brexit vision. As you know.

As you can recall my one outburst regarding MPs simply stopping Brexit you will presumably remember my 149 comments to the contrary.

Don't imply that I have called Leave voters thicky racists or sheep.

A second referendum is indeed about giving people a vote on the final deal. Most people calling for one hope that Remain would win. I am not a liar.

The rise of Nige has not been facilitated by the Liberal Democrat party. That's down to people like you.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
New party,so our behaviour is all learned from incumbent parties,and their sycophants.We can only improvise,then improve.Can't possibly be any worse.

A new party which seems to have taken an AWFUL lot of candidates, members and infrastructure from the former Revolutionary Communist Party. Go figure.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Wow. Some comments are acceptable. This one has crossed the line. ****.

So it's okay for you to be a sarcastic ****,but if anyone gives it back you meltdown.:tantrum:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
He is very angry tonight, I sympathise, I mean how is he and the other leavers going to entertain themselves now that Jeremy Kyle has been axed.

Sobered up since your episode on the Eurovision thread?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
The latest polls highlight the splits in the country, just under a 3rd to Hard Brexit (30%) under a 3rd to Remain party's (28%) and s third with the two main party's (33%).

Done my postal vote already, so I am in the 28%.

I've often contemplated a postal vote but I can't get past the walk to the village polling station. It makes me feel as though I have a real say in society. Just briefly- very briefly.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So it's okay for you to be a sarcastic ****,but if anyone gives it back you meltdown.:tantrum:

There's a gigantic difference between sarcasm and suggesting self-harm to someone to someone who has tried to take their life, you contemptuous piece of vermin. You are honestly disgusting.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
A new party which seems to have taken an AWFUL lot of candidates, members and infrastructure from the former Revolutionary Communist Party. Go figure.

As you seem to know all about the RCP,we will have to take your word for it.The Brexit Party draws people from all over the political spectrum,unlike No Change UK,and is to be admired as a broad church for democrats of every kind.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
There's a gigantic difference between sarcasm and suggesting self-harm to someone to someone who has tried to take their life, you contemptuous piece of vermin. You are honestly disgusting.

As I don't know of you or your history how am I supposed to know.Next you will tell me that sarcasm is part of your therapy,as well as abuse.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
As I don't know of you or your history how am I supposed to know.Next you will tell me that sarcasm is part of your therapy,as well as abuse.

It's often referred to as having common sodding decency and being aware that people may have things going on in their lives that you may well not be aware of, so the safest bet is to refer to Wheaton's Law: Don't Be A Dick.

And even then, you can't even summon any common decency and still love to have a cheap dig. Just **** off.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes, dangerous extremists intent on subverting/reversing the referendum result as soon as it didn't go their/your way.... have a look in the mirror.

Your wish for MP's to seize control and stop Brexit (a supposed angry outburst) and your description of the Conservative government as 'far right' because they promised to deliver Brexit shows your true colours despite all the endless mealy-mouthed attempts to camouflage these extreme views. Arguing it's entirely reasonable for the losing minority to organise a campaign and insist we all vote again in a second referendum takes a special type of arrogance, an arrogance that is exemplified by the Lib Dems and many of their supporters. The losers 2nd referendum campaign was never about giving leavers a vote on any final deal it was all about giving Remain a second chance in another referendum .. anyone suggesting otherwise is a liar. Even more breathtaking is the fact that people that spend an inordinate amount of time either claiming leave voters are thicky racists or just gullible sheep while calling for the Remain MP dominated parliament to stop Brexit or go for another vote then act surprised/horrified when there are entirely predictable consequences. Ignoring democratic votes /failing to enact the result damages our democracy and leaves the path clear for more populist elements to exploit the failures of more centrist parties your and many other remain contributors arguments on this thread help facilitate their success. Nige and the Brexit party have a lot to thank you all for.

Leavers love being the victims don't they? Victims of a Metropolitan Elite, victims of immigrants who steal their jobs and take their place on the housing register/doctors/school, victims of EU bureaucrats, and now, victims of Remainers who call them stupid, racist or gullible, just because some of them believed some obvious racist lies, victims of the Westminster Political Elite and undemocratic loons asking for another round of democracy. The entirely predictable response is for Farridge to claim he is standing up for the "victims", whilst doing nothing more than telling them who they should be angry at this time.
Always someone elses fault, bloody pathetic.

Farridge will always find someone to complain about and blame for any ills, real or imagined. He doesn't have anything else, half the reason he is crowing now about a No Deal exit is because he knows it can't happen and he can carry on with his betrayal narrative, despite campaigning for years using Norway and Switzerland as examples of countries we could emulate.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As you seem to know all about the RCP,we will have to take your word for it.The Brexit Party draws people from all over the political spectrum,unlike No Change UK,and is to be admired as a broad church for democrats of every kind.

Does it hurt?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's often referred to as having common sodding decency and being aware that people may have things going on in their lives that you may well not be aware of, so the safest bet is to refer to Wheaton's Law: Don't Be A Dick.

And even then, you can't even summon any common decency and still love to have a cheap dig. Just **** off.

He’s total scum mate, ignore him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here