Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Ashworth

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It must be more than coincidence that his arrival signalled marked a notable change in virtually everything first team . . . . . I've no idea what he actually does, but hazard a guess he's played a significant part in Chris Hughtons downfall?

personally always had a strong distrust of 'consultants' buzzwords and bullshit seem to be part of modern life in most industries, usually to the detriment of actually getting the job done and at considerable additional financial cost.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I posted on here a few weeks back, I was watching NBCSN and they had a respected hack on there explaining the situation and how there was possibly a conflict between the two already (too many chiefs etc etc).

Albeit, the hack did mention Wagner as a replacement so not totally accurate.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Absolute rubbish and clutching at straws. From what I gather and what I have heard is that Ashworth has been very much on the periphery and has had a watching brief thus far. To the same point you could say that thrusting Ryan straight back into the team after the Asia cup contributed towards our post new year capitulation.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Its so funny how so many people on here are mentioning his name every time something bad happens with the club. He has had no impact on team formation, tactics, selection or anything else that has caused the unfortunate departure of CH. Look at his track record for crying out loud, especially how he transformed the whole England set up. Clubs much bigger than us were coveting him. We have one of the most modern and forward thinking brains in the game today at our club.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
So neither of us know what he has or hasn't done or been involved in. . .although the BBC article from February suggest he's more involved than just watching, and I'd assume his remuneration is better than the average observer.

Absolute rubbish and clutching at straws. From what I gather and what I have heard is that Ashworth has been very much on the periphery and has had a watching brief thus far. To the same point you could say that thrusting Ryan straight back into the team after the Asia cup contributed towards our post new year capitulation.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It must be more than coincidence that his arrival signalled marked a notable change in virtually everything first team . . . . . I've no idea what he actually does

And there we have it. Dan! Dan! comes with this daft hyper-inflated reputation preceding him. And nobody knows quite why. Bit of a joke really. At best, seems to me, that all he's done is insist on putting faith in home-grown youth talent across all levels. Maybe he just got lucky. Maybe not. He's hardly going to turn down the plaudits and the job offers. Let's now see him continue that winning run at PL club level, in the only place that matters to TB and the board: the success of the first team.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's like the players, there's always a scapegoat and a saviour in the minds of the fans.

The same seemingly applies to the management - Paul Barber is seemngly off the hook now, yes?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Has Danny Baker posted a photo of Dan Ashworth holding a chimps hand next to an “exit” sign?

He isn’t news unless he has.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
If he's behind anything at all then i am pleased over the bid for the Chelsea youngster. I would hope he prods us toward snapping up those with potential rather than the ploddingly seasoned.
I doubt he is the evil genius behind perfectly pleasant Chris' undoing. Likely a partial amalgam of things, but form will be a key part.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Putting two and two together to make five, it's weird that the start of 'The Slump' can be traced back roughly to the time of his arrival. Just coincidence eh?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I bought a new lawn mower at the start of the slump. I’m going to go home and take it straight down the dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not quite a need for the tin foil hat, but might be worth taking it out of the cupboard and dusting it off.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It must be more than coincidence that his arrival signalled marked a notable change in virtually everything first team . . . . . I've no idea what he actually does, but hazard a guess he's played a significant part in Chris Hughtons downfall?

personally always had a strong distrust of 'consultants' buzzwords and bullshit seem to be part of modern life in most industries, usually to the detriment of actually getting the job done and at considerable additional financial cost.

I’m not one to criticise,@zafarelly, but, I think that the critics within our fan base have had as much influence as Ashworth has.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here