Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thank you, Chris Hughton

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The queue of clubs in the championship will build as he was great and won us promotion for that TB and the fans will forever worship him. Wish him well in the future but BHA under TB have to move on

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Football is a very cruel business. After the fuss we all made of Bruno yesterday, I noticed Chris with his grand-daughter in his arms and briefly wondered whether circumstances meant that we should have all been saying goodbye and thank you to him too. I'll miss Bruno because seeing his talent on the pitch made me smile as a football fan and seeing him off the pitch made me proud that he was associated with our club. Despite the recent crumbling in home form, Chris Hughton has more often than not, made me smile as a football fan. He also made me cry, when he achieved something that I never quite thought I would see. Like Bruno, his honesty, decency and class in everything he did off the pitch will be the thing I miss most. Never blamed referees, always gave credit to the opposition where it was due, always took a considered approach to a game overrun with emotion and regretful outbursts. I hope that Tony Bloom doesn't live to regret this decision for professional reasons. I think that he will always regret this decision for personal ones.

Thanks Chris. You were always labelled too nice, when in fact people shouldn't be able to be criticsed for being too nice. The criticism is a tribute to you as a man, but it disguises the fact that, when things die down, and your record is viewed in pure statistics, you will be looked back on as a serious contender for the label of the best manager this club has ever employed.

I wish you happiness and success in everything you do in the future. Thanks for everything. I mean the everything that we have currently got. We owe a big part of it to you.

Absolutely brilliant post. I'd love it if we could find a way to show our appreciation to Chris for all he's done for us. It's probably the case that things are too raw and awkward for the club to do it, but might that be the kind of thing that NSC is well placed to organise [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Emotional two days. Great man...did a great job...and will always be the benchmark for all that follow him...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Thank you Chris, you are my all time favorite manager, you have given this city, county and the new wave of young supporters something really special.

Brilliant days away and home, great football on the way. Also to boot you must have made our chairman well over £500 million.

You are such a gentleman and have time for everyone. I am so proud you lead our club and have an unblemished record with us.

Whoever comes in now has such massive shoes to fill.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Top, top bloke. Albion legend. Shouldn't ever need to buy his own pint when in Brighton.

But....I reluctantly agree with the decision.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thanks Chris.

Thanks for saving us from relegation.
Thanks for the play-off season.
Thanks for the promotion.
Thanks for keeping us up. Twice.
Thanks for a Cup semi-final.
Thanks for a double over Palace.
Thanks for your integrity.
Thanks for making me proud all the times I said you were our manager.

Thanks Chris.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Thanks to Chris Hughton - never flustered (even though he must have been seething inside sometimes), always patient and, above all, a real gentleman.
Think we will be a sadder club without him at the helm - his like does not come around too often.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Chris, no-one will forget the kindness and compassion with which you handled the team, particularly the younger & less stable players. Anthony Knockaert and others like him would not be the men they are without your nurturing, support & guidance. Your successes go way beyond results & tables.

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Absoulutely agree.

Thank you Chris, and best wishes for your future.

Thanks Chris.

Thanks for saving us from relegation.
Thanks for the play-off season.
Thanks for the promotion.
Thanks for keeping us up. Twice.
Thanks for a Cup semi-final.
Thanks for a double over Palace.
Thanks for your integrity.
Thanks for making me proud all the times I said you were our manager.

Thanks Chris.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sad to see him going.Thanks for everything,Mr. Hughton,and good luck for the future.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Well - I suppose I have to say something on this news.

I am absolutely gutted. A bit sad and also very proud of what he has done at Brighton.

He dragged the Club from the arse of their pants in the Championship and to the PL. He put Brighton on the Footballing Map globally.

I don't feel as angry by the sacking as I did with his sacking from Norwich. He was treated far better by the fans than he was at Norwich but today still hurts.

What Brighton did for Chris was allow him to rebuild his reputation as an Excellent Football Manager and he has done that. The man is an absolute Gentleman. I hope he has left the seeds of something monumental in the City and at the Club. Time will tell on that one. Was he over achieving or under achieving as a few people seemed to think.

He has earned the club Millions with 3 years of PL football. Chris leaves Brighton with a massively enhanced reputation and he leaves the Club with a Greater standing in the Football World as a whole.

Both move on to a New Chapter - It will be interesting to see, who actually needed who the most in the coming years.

When all is said and done. He did a wonderful job at Brighton and made a lot of people in Brighton very happy during his reign as Brighton manager and he can leave with his head held high. Super Bloke Super family and I will truly enjoy reading the support he receives he on his new venture, wherever that may be.

I know where I would like to see him go next but it is too soon to even think that way for him or me. Its nice to see the messages of support I see on here. The negative comments I can overlook because the nice ones far outweigh them from people - He was treated really well by Brighton fans for the most part. Although he had to earn it and he did that in spades.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thanks Chris for this.....

15332465-1.jpg.gallery.jpg

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Thanks for all you have done , but you need not worry there will be offers on the table before too long , WBA & Celtic already getting linked.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well - I suppose I have to say something on this news.

I am absolutely gutted. A bit sad and also very proud of what he has done at Brighton.

He dragged the Club from the arse of their pants in the Championship and to the PL. He put Brighton on the Footballing Map globally.

I don't feel as angry by the sacking as I did with his sacking from Norwich. He was treated far better by the fans than he was at Norwich but today still hurts.

What Brighton did for Chris was allow him to rebuild his reputation as an Excellent Football Manager and he has done that. The man is an absolute Gentleman. I hope he has left the seeds of something monumental in the City and at the Club. Time will tell on that one. Was he over achieving or under achieving as a few people seemed to think.

He has earned the club Millions with 3 years of PL football. Chris leaves Brighton with a massively enhanced reputation and he leaves the Club with a Greater standing in the Football World as a whole.

Both move on to a New Chapter - It will be interesting to see, who actually needed who the most in the coming years.

When all is said and done. He did a wonderful job at Brighton and made a lot of people in Brighton very happy during his reign as Brighton manager and he can leave with his head held high. Super Bloke Super family and I will truly enjoy reading the support he receives he on his new venture, wherever that may be.

I know where I would like to see him go next but it is too soon to even think that way for him or me. Its nice to see the messages of support I see on here. The negative comments I can overlook because the nice ones far outweigh them from people - He was treated really well by Brighton fans for the most part. Although he had to earn it and he did that in spades.

Nobody can argue with any of that post but I suppose TB had to weigh up whether or not his finances would be more secure without a change or with one and as a successful business man we must accept his decision. I am surprised to hear of his sacking and would have preferred it to have been by mutual agreement but fully understand TB reasoning and logic in reaching this decision. Sad to see you go as well.!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As requested, will leave debate on the rest/rights/wrongs to other threads.

So thanks for everything Chris. The team was in a right mess when you came in, and could easily have pitched into League One.

Some of what we have seen since in both the Championship and at times on the Prem has been arguably the best and most successful football ever seen at this club, given the competition and the opposition.

There were occasions when I would have loved you to scream at the ref as much as I was, but that is not your way - far too classy and oozing dignity.

So muchos gratitude and appreciation for all the highs and special moments, and I'm sure there will be a queue for your services. Personally I'd wait for the Ireland gig, you'd be great at it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here